Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Have you ever received an empty package?

Funniest thing happened to me today! I got home from work and had a box waiting for me with a $15 purchase I made on ebay last week. I opened the box and it had padding, an invoice, but no card! The box was packed securely so I had to look 2-3 times to make sure the card wasn't hidden somewhere inside the box or padding. Needless to say I emailed the seller who has over 20,000 feedback and 100 % positive saying, "Where is the card?" Hopefully the card is still there or maybe there is a sticky fingered employee involved.... I can't wait to hear their reply!
Paul

Comments

• Options
    You have an odd sense of humor. I'm sure the seller will make it whole, it seems its an obvious mistake.
  • Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    I've rec'd empty envelopes and a box of garbage, sellers didn't have that high of feedback though.
    Best of luck!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I pity da fool who insults my package!
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sure its just an oversight. I cant see someone with a very well established ebay status scam someone for 15 bucks. Not out of the question, but not likely either.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I got an empty FedEx box from an auction house once instead of a $1750 card I'd paid for.
    Took 3-4 months and the intervention of someone here to finally get it refunded.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +2 for Bob and Anthony posting back to back in the same thread. Two guys that these boards need more of. I feel like I just hit the daily double.
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

I'm predicting a that's-what-she-said joke before this thread is done.

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got an empty FedEx box from an auction house once instead of a $1750 card I'd paid for.
    Took 3-4 months and the intervention of someone here to finally get it refunded. >>

Same here, mine was from Texas. It was a hand written letter from Ernie Nevers to a fan. Lots less money but I had my heart set on it and was very disappointed.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    My only empty package arrived in a "damaged in transit" baggie, with the left side of the envelope looking like a dog had chewed on it. I couldn't figure out who the seller was (the postmark wasn't readable), but I'm pretty sure it was one of the two people I filed INR claims on that month, so it was either a Tom Seaver jersey card or a pair of Justin Fargas #d rookies.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Any update Paul?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 5 or 6 years ago, I bought a 1952 Bowman Mantle PSA 5 from a certain Ebay seller. I received the Fed Ex box and it seemed really, really light. I opened it up and all that was in it was an invoice.

The seller? Drum roll, please.......

WIWAG

Shane