Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How much is everyone getting back on their tax returns?

We are getting back $5720.00. I see alot of new cards in my future.

Just don't tell Tonya image

Comments

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I think I need to knock someone up to get a good tax return...
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think I need to knock someone up to get a good tax return... >>

4x's image
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Free beer and pizza at my house this weekend.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I think ours was $3800 something. My wife gets the tax return $ and wastes it on vacation. It's about the only money she wastes on herself all year so I don't complain at all.

Maybe this year I'll get a t-shirt.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    0.00 (college student)

last year I got back about 50.00 because I was an extra in a few movies, lol

...with the economy the way it is, I am sure glad to be an adult (27) in school full-time as if I were 18-19 again image Alot of my friends from high school are really hurting in the job market right now image

Patrick
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>We are getting back $5720.00. I see alot of new cards in my future.

Just don't tell Tonya image >>

Can I apply that to my balance? image

I have to write a check for $5000 this year. image
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

You should donate at least a portion to my MS 150 ride. It's tax deductable and goes to a great cause.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>I think I need to knock someone up to get a good tax return... >>

Barry truer words have never been spoken.I was ready to have another baby after the return I got this year.But then I thought about my New Years Resolution to not make babies.
    Mike
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    While it's fun to get a big fat check at tax time, I'd much rather that the extra money wasn't taken out of my pay check in the first place.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    intenceintence Posts: 1,255

thats a nice return!
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    ~$14,000..... It was spent on my recent adoption and to pay off my car image

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Whatever I am getting is not enough.
  • Options

We're getting the same.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on the goverments most wanted list... They raped me for over 12K in taxes this year and I got back only $1200 of it image

Divorced with no kids and renting does not bode well with Uncle Sam. image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and....

HI MATT image
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    had to pay $24,000+ .

Sucks being self employed.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭

<< <i>While it's fun to get a big fat check at tax time, I'd much rather that the extra money wasn't taken out of my pay check in the first place. >>

Ideally, you owe nothing and you get back nothing.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

>>

We got back about the same , which has resulted in some massive additions to our son's sets. If one goes to those sets, I keep running totals year by year . The upgrades this year alone is stunning . This was largely from the large return .

The next day we changed the exemptions due to the threat of our state witholding the giving back of our overpaying of the state tax.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    I am single with my only writeoff being my morgage....6300...and thats with earning 5750 without paying any taxes on THAT too.... MAN DO I PAY TAXES.....

...and mine is going in a money market account...liquid but higher interest rate then my saving account....
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I haven't done mine yet, but I'm estimating I'll be paying around $6,000.

Will cut into the acquisitions for the signed rookie card collection image Oh well, I'd rather be paying then have no income to pay on!!

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I'm working on mine right now. I imagine I will possibly have to pay this year since I went Married 9 on the few projects I worked on last year due to financial problems. Maybe with our new baby girl and the lower income I made last year might just help me. I will find out maybe this week.

Good luck to everyone.

brian
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    About $1,500. Lost $1,000 off the top with my oldest daughter turning 17 last year.
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    GRRRR!

We typically get about 3,000 federal back, but this year I took on coaching football which added about $6,000 income. We are only getting back $1,200 this year. My taxman said that my added income pushed us into a new tax bracket and thus are not eligilbe for the same deductions as in the past. That sucks! I have to unspend the money I already spent in anticipation of my return!
  • Options
    We're getting back $52 this year. I'm happy. No since in giving the government an interest free loan all year.
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    I refuse to answer this question on the grounds that I would, without a doubt, be incriminated (and asked where the hell is the money).
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    try negative $600 ha ha...
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    We started out having to pay $2400. Then my CPA played with it a bit (no jokes please) and we were almost back to even. A little more fanagling and now we are getting $1100. My CPA earned his paycheck.
  • Options
    $16,000 return and all that my wife would let me get was this $500.00 card

• Options
    A few years ago my wife's work really messed up here withholdings and we ended up having to pay like $3000, so we had them adjust it to take out the max, and i take out the max and we just had our 3rd kid and paid a lot last year on the mortgage etc, so we are getting back a ton. And we need it. My wife just went back to work today after being on maternity leave for 4 months, and I was laid off at the same time, so for 4 months we have had 1/4 of our normal income!

-Jason
  • Options
    I'll be getting back about 6 grand, but I am getting married in June so its already spent.
  • Options
    minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    We got back $8,850 and the next day $4,000 went into CDs (the non-listening kind). Then bought tires for the van, paid off the credit card, paid off XM Radio and the remaining $2,600 is available for cards...until the wife knows how much is actually left.