Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Advice needed for a new guy

I'm fairly new to the grading cards game. I had a few cards graded about 10 years ago by PSA but nothing since. I'm looking for people's opinions on the following cards and whether or not I should submit them for grading. All opinions are appreciated and welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    if reselling.. then grade em
    nice ex-mt - nm
  • Options
    The 67 Mantle looks trimmed on the right side. Either that or it has a little tilt. Would probably sell for the same amount raw as it would graded if you can even get it in a holder.
  • Options
    I'm almost positive none of the cards have been altered. These cards were my father's from when he was a kid. They haven't been touched in probably 20 years. The '66 Mantle is the worst card, conditionwise, of the bunch. It has a little wear on the bottom right corner. Otherwise the only problems with the cards are centering. Any idea how high these cards could grade? I am looking into selling them. Thanks again for all your help.
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    If you are selling, yes grade them all.
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Hi Brock,

1st of all, welcome to the boards!

If you're thoroughly convinced that none of the cards are altered (I'm just saying that because the more I look at a few of the cards, the more they look jagged in certain areas and some have some serious O/C going on), I'd send them all in for grading.

Be sure to ask for NQ (no qualifiers) on your sub.

Then when you get them back, post a few pics to this thread.

My guesses as to what grades you might receive, without taking qualifiers into account, are as follows:
    1966 Mantle - PSA 7
    1965 Mantle - PSA 7.5-8
    1966 Mays - PSA 6
    1964 Rose - PSA 7-7.5
    1966 Rose - PSA 7
    1966 Rose - PSA 7

Good luck!
    PoppaJ

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Get 'em graded.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.