Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

N6: MINIMUM SIZE REQUIREMENT -- what to do?

Hi all, I am looking for your advice on what to do with cards that PSA will not grade under the minimum size requirement. This has been a killer for me over the past few months when I have tried to crossover BGS 9.5 slabs into PSA -- maybe succeeded 50% of the time. More recently I submitted a small order of (3) modern rookie cards. I measured them myself and they all appeared to be exact size. Only 1 came back graded (9) and the other two were rejected.

Has anyone been successful in resubmitting cards rejected for N6 into a slab? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Just keep resubmitting them until they get into a slab; it will eventually happen. In the meantime, they'll send you free grading vouchers for the cards that they deem Min Size Req.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I have had a little luck.. just gotta keep trying..
    as long as it is MSR you get a voucher
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Get a pump?
  • Options
    Soak them in water. They will expand !!
    Cheers, Steve
    Die Hard Toronto Maple Leafs Fan !!
  • Options
    DrJDrJ Posts: 2,213
    My last sub had 5 cards which were MSR including a 70 Steve Carlton. I really dont get it... None of these were sheet cut or high dollar items, just cards I wanted in slabs for my PC. I guess I will try try again.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I have had no luck.Sent in NO trade Hanebrink 1959 Topps twice with no luck.Finally sold it raw stating results from PSA still did very well with it.I have had sevaral pak fresh 75 minis come back the same way so I just sold them raw.Sharp pak fresh cards either short or miscut which I apparently could not tell on the miscuts.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    This N6 business can get ridiculous. I bought a sealed 1983 Hockey Hall of Fame set. Opened the set and sent in the cards I needed for my Registry. Half the cards came back PSA 8 - PSA 10 and the other half came
    back as N6. These are low dollar cards that nobody would trim. If its the size that came out of the factory its not N6.

Rob
  • Options
    I had one in the group sub that popped yesterday. Sent in 6 different 1982 Fleer stars/HOFers. The Ripken of course gets the N6 and is the same size as the other 5 that got holdered. It always seems to happen on the highest valued card from the same group of cards.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Every time I get one of those the next time through it slabbed.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Is there any solution if the card does in fact measure short? In none of my cases did I actually pull the card out of a pack. They were either bought raw from reputable eBay sellers or attempted to crossover from BGS. Bummer -- lately I have been asking sellers of ungraded cards on eBay to measure their cards for me and I have also asked them to guarantee the minimum size. Sellers like Burbank Sportscards were happy to accomodate this request -- and those card did get graded by PSA.
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    Why would you do that? Not to change the topic, but...............................just curious? Modern BGS 9.5 sell for more than the same PSA 10 most of the time. image And certainly more than PSA 9.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Here's what I have done in the past, and it's worked for me. Send them back to PSA with a note saying you've measured the cards, they clearly measure up, and you can't understand what the problem might be. The cards (in my experience) will then be forwarded to Ivan, who will contact you personally regarding the matter. It takes a while for him to contact you, but in the past I've always had them subsequently slabbed.

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Soak them in warm water for two hours. They will expand.