Home U.S. Coin Forum

So Eliasberg collected U.S. Philippines coins too?

Just saw this on the bay. I suppose a "complete" set of U.S. coins included the Philippines coins too?

For those that don't know, I am starting pharmacy school in the fall. image

Comments

• DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    he collected everything. he had a large collection of darkside gold too, that was sold at a large auction.

• CaptainRonCaptainRon Posts: 1,189 ✭✭

<< <i>he collected everything. he had a large collection of darkside gold too, that was sold at a large auction. >>

I think I still have that catalog. That was an awsome collection of gold.
  • DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>

<< <i>he collected everything. he had a large collection of darkside gold too, that was sold at a large auction. >>

I think I still have that catalog. That was an awsome collection of gold. >>

yes, it was. VERY awesome

here is a link
  • EdscoinEdscoin Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I suppose a "complete" set of U.S. coins included the Philippines coins too? >>

Apparently Eliasberg thought so.
    ED
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not at all surprised that he collected them. He was an active collector when the Philippines were a US Commonwealth.

I have always been surprised that the US-Philippines issues have garnered so few US collectors. Think of all the US servicemen who were there over the years. US servicemen who were stationed in the Philippines before and during WWII were paid in US-Philippines coin and currency. (A Peso was worth 50 cents US.)
    All glory is fleeting.
  • FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

• melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019
    Wonder what happened to his MacArthur Commems? I would have loved to have bought them. Probably couldn't have afforded them but but would love to own them.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, he had his fingers into everything. amazing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file