Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

To support LordM's European Trip, click here!

Comments

• Options
    Don't forget about the 12 dollars in PayPal fees....image
  • Options
  • Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    And whay not take them to your bank and put in your account for $400?image
  • Options
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    If you shop at Lowes or Amazon, you can get an e-certificate for that store directly from the Coinstar machine. There are no fees if you do that.

There are a few other merchants available, check out the Coinstar website for a complete list. they are also displayed on the screen but i do not remember them all.

I just dumped 6500 Lincolns in there the other day - no fees.
  • Options
  • Options
    MetalsmanMetalsman Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>And whay not take them to your bank and put in your account for $400?image >>

That would involve driving around town to find Half Dollar paper rolls, rolling the coins, then carting them over to the bank. That'd take several hours, when I could just pack them up and drop them off at the Post Office. >>

Sounds like you need to change banks. I take mine in a bag and give to the teller who then puts in counter, than deposits into my account. No charge! No muss! No fuss!

2nd idea is to open your own 21 parlor and use them as the bank/dealer for Blackjack payouts..image
  • Options
    Why dont you take them to TD-Bank? They have a free coin machine. You get 100% of their value back.

Tom
  • Options
  • Options

As stated in this thread already, instead of a trip to the post office, take a trip to ANY bank and get your money! There are no special requirements or fees for exchanging coins for paper currency......................it's as simple as that!

Rod