Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1952 Willie Mays arrvies

I got it the other day, but have been busy at work lately.
I am quite happy. I also found out it was the same one that sold on Mastro for $840, so I don't feel bad at all dishing out the high end of VCP at $725.

I personally would rather have that 4 at 725, than This 5 just sold at $643

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I had one in 1983 that looked much better.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    The 5 is a dog that should be kicked.

That is butt ugly
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>The 5 is a dog that should be kicked.

That is butt ugly >>

I agree, and it still got $643...but as long as one is happy with their collection, that is what matters.
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Do you agree that you would rather have mine at 725....
    or you agree with the other is butt ugly (grin)...

Or both?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eye appeal on the 4 is much greater, IMO..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Nice card HOFAutos!! Now pop that case and get it signed image

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    sorry.. I posted that before any replies were made.. I agree your 4 is way better then that ugly 5
  • Options

<< <i>Nice card HOFAutos!! Now pop that case and get it signed image

Mike >>

LOL ...not...

I only collect autos of post 1980 superstars that dont have a rookie auto...
    I think i have them ALL now, but sandberg. I see lots of chances but don't think his rookie auto is worth what most try and sell for.
    I should post them.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, the PSA 4 is much nicer.

Congrats...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    <Now pop that case and get it signed >
    we think alike mike- i need that one too

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Yep

I said that about this 5 in the other thread.

The 4 blows it away. I'll take the centering over the somewhat better corners
    any day. Even with the stain that can be seen more now with the large scan.

Steve

I meant to say this 4 blows that 5 away.

Good for you.
  • Options
    Are you planning to start the set or just liked the card and wanted a nice copy? The reason I ask is I started to venture into a PSA 4 set a year or so ago and with a young family I was finding it harder and harder to get "extra money" to spend on it and decided to throw in the towel last winter. I kept the "big 3" of the ones I had aquired with hopes of just getting a few high numbers as the budget allows.
    Love the card and by far the best PSA 4 Mays I've seen! Great buy IMO. Here is a pic of my 52's I kept.
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭
    hofautos, that is the best 4 I've seen. Great pick up!
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    I like it too, but his sig sure has changed.

Joe
  • Options

<< <i>hofautos, that is the best 4 I've seen. Great pick up! >>

Thanks! I was still on the hunt for a nicer one though, but the centered ones are tough to come by...just found another I like a tad better, so this one is going on the block.
  • Options

<< <i>Are you planning to start the set or just liked the card and wanted a nice copy? The reason I ask is I started to venture into a PSA 4 set a year or so ago and with a young family I was finding it harder and harder to get "extra money" to spend on it and decided to throw in the towel last winter. I kept the "big 3" of the ones I had aquired with hopes of just getting a few high numbers as the budget allows.
    Love the card and by far the best PSA 4 Mays I've seen! Great buy IMO. Here is a pic of my 52's I kept.
    image >>

Thanks, AWESOME cards...yea trying to collect a 52 set could be quite a chore and EXPENSIVE...I just wanted the Mays...a Mantle would be nice, but out of my league.
  • Options
    bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    hofautos,
    The '52 Mays has great eye appeal. Is it the scan, or does it have a stain on the lower left side? Either way, nice pick-up
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"