Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Ebay's non paying bidders

I'm having a real problem on Ebay having buyers pay for auctions won. I had sales of over $7000.00 last month and had to file NPB claims on approx. $2500.00. Is anybody else having this issue??

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm having a real problem on Ebay having buyers pay for auctions won. I had sales of over $7000.00 last month and had to file NPB claims on approx. $2500.00. Is anybody else having this issue?? >>

Since the advent of sellers unable to leave negative feedback for buyers, it has gotten worse with non-payers, but it hasn't gotten nearly that bad for me...not yet anyway?
  • A lot of people are scared to leave a NPB strike against these people.If NPB's where left the problem would be less frequent.
    Mike
  • People on eBay aren't paying? OMG, what is going on in this crazy world?
  • People on eBay aren't paying? OMG, what is going on in this crazy world?

I've had buyers not pay in the past just not to this extent.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this guy has been bidding on your auctions:

Plaxico Debts
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

• << <i>I've had buyers not pay in the past just not to this extent. >>

I have a 100% feedback eBayer that bought a $5 card with BIN 2 weeks ago that still hasn't paid. Two friendly emails with no response.
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ditto, same here, people bid and then take their sweet old time paying anymore, i send a invoice to non paying bidder fiends everyday till they do
    hi billimage
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Nope, I did about 2k last week all but 500.00 has been paid via paypal.

the remaining 500.00 is from folks that generally pay via check.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    If we file the NPB strike, can they still neg us? I've got a guy who hasn't paid from over 2 weeks ago but I figured with my luck that I'd file the strikes and then he would neg. me in return.

Anyone had this happen?

Rodney
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we file the NPB strike, can they still neg us? I've got a guy who hasn't paid from over 2 weeks ago but I figured with my luck that I'd file the strikes and then he would neg. me in return.

Anyone had this happen?

Rodney

If you don't file the NPB, you don't get your FVF back either. So on top of stiffing you for the sale, the deadbeat bidder is taking money out of your pocket, too..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    On a side note, I'm hoping my DSR's don't get hit. I just had a buyer win 9 items, but I accidentally posted an auction for an item that I had sold previously. Upon packing, I noticed the error and advised the buyer. I immediately refund the purchase price and added anther PSA 5 1948 Leaf as a FREE replacement. Hoping that the buyer is satisfied and doesn't kill the DSR's. He was agreeable to canceling the transaction, so at least I got the FV fees refunded.