Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My new autograph project card, 1963 Topps NL Home Run leaders Added Hank Aaron, it's finished!!!! :

I bought this card today from fellow board member PhilipJGolden:

I'm going to have a small project of getting it signed. I've seen another one signed by all 5 and have regretted passing it up. Cepeda will come first in a couple weeks, and Banks will come at a show in April I believe. The tough one will be Hank. Hopefully he'll do a signing again this year with Last Lick's. I'll post the progress as it happens. Will make a sweet addition once it's finished. 5 HOF'ers on one card.

Mike
Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Mike! I'll enjoy seeing the signatures added.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Mike:

As soon as saw that offered up, I thought of you and another multi-player project. I'm happy to see you take this on. It will be a sweet item when completed.

Good luck and quick success!
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    good luck

can't wait to see the progress
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Mike,
    Nice card! Good luck with getting the other 3 as they are all signing before mid-April, so this card should be done soon!. Here's mine that will be finished by next month with F-Rob:

-Dan
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Dan,

Do you know when and where on Aaron?

Mike
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    can't wait to see the finished product!
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    April 15th I believe and its a private signing by Steiner. Its also twice as much as I paid last year for him to sign,now hes more than Mays
    Dan
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    GREAT card, I'm looking for it in 8 but not for autos.

"Molon Labe"

• Options

<< <i>April 15th I believe and its a private signing by Steiner. Its also twice as much as I paid last year for him to sign,now hes more than Mays
    Dan >>

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Mike
  • Options
    Wow, $310.00 for Aaron!!! That may be over my threshold of pain for him. That's high. Maybe he will do Last Lick's again as they are about 1/2 price of Steiners even though its done the same day and run by the same people.

Mike
  • Options
    yeah, but I called and they said that its only a private signing and no public. But to go from $170 tp $310 is a little too much for me right now. Hopefully he does a public signing soon,
    Dan
  • Options
    Got the card in today. Thanks Phillip. Will be on its way to a Cepeda signing when I go to the PO tomorrow. Here it is at my stage 1, cracked out and ready to be shipped:

• Options
    Card has completed it's first journey on my part of the project. It's back from the St. Louis Sports Collectors Show where it was signed by Orlando Cepeda. Next up, it's off tomorrow to be headed toward Ernie Banks' appearance. It's always nice when cards come back in the condition they left it. Kudos are due to the show promoters.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WTG Mike ... 3 down 2 to go.

WHOA .... $310 for Aaron? WOW!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    Those cards will be awesome when complete!
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Options
    Card came back safe and sound today from another journey. This time Denver Autographs got Ernie Banks for me at his appearance a couple weekends ago in Missouri. Only Aaron left to go and he is doing an upcoming signing at Last Lick's for a relatively reasonable price for Aaron.

• Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    great card mike...can not wait to see it finished!
  • Options
    WOW!! Don't really know what else to say. That is awesome!
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I have the same exact project going, Mike. I only have Banks and Aaron left. I'm waiting to see if either will sign in Cooperstown this summer.
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    Wow! That is one of my favorite multi player cards. Awesome w/ sigs...............Mine, with a few others.............

• Options
    Got it back today from Last Lick's signing (Steiner). Interestingly enough, they sent it back in a plain brown envelope with just my address and return address, with no tracking, with no cardboard protection, for only 88 cents shipping, and it made it back just fine!

Nice, finished project.

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stellar!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome!! great job

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    superb. image
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    outstanding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats
    whats next??
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    amazing. congratulations!
  • Options
    Wow, and they charged you like $10 s/h for that? I'd be giving them a call and a piece of my mind about that.D

<< <i>Got it back today from Last Lick's signing (Steiner). Interestingly enough, they sent it back in a plain brown envelope with just my address and return address, with no tracking, with no cardboard protection, for only 88 cents shipping, and it made it back just fine!

Nice, finished project.
    >>

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Outstanding!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

<< <i>Wow, and they charged you like $10 s/h for that? I'd be giving them a call and a piece of my mind about that.D

<< <i>Got it back today from Last Lick's signing (Steiner). Interestingly enough, they sent it back in a plain brown envelope with just my address and return address, with no tracking, with no cardboard protection, for only 88 cents shipping, and it made it back just fine!

Nice, finished project.
    >>

>>

Congrats Mike, that's a beauty!
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice, congrats!!!
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Nice going Mike!

Im on the same project....I still need Banks and Aaron myself. Unfortunately neither will be in Cooperstown this summer. I was really hoping to get them done there. Oh well...I'll get my opportunities elsewhere.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    Great Job Mike!
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.