Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

ATTENTION: 30AnvZ28, *Edit* See my "closure" post Pg 6. I hereby ask SM-1 to lock it down

Thus far, I would think it would be a fair statement to say that I -
other fellow swap members ... but MOST OF ALL, Lonely P have
ALL been EXTREMELY PATIENT with you!

Without going into a lot of detail, you KNOW this to be true and
you also know that I've written you cordially, as a friend!

You KNOW what this is about & KNOW what you NEED to do!

No more screwing around. No more waiting!

Do the right thing - NOW!

It's PASSED time to put this to rest!

Let's get it done, William!

NOTE THE DATE HERE!!

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

In YOUR OWN WORDS YOU TOLD ME AS FOLLOWS:

<< Date Posted: Jun/15/2008 8:11 PM
Boom,

I havent been on in months... literally. Not even "lurking".

I havent been on the internet much at all due to personal things/issues, and when I have, I havent even stopped by to see how things were going. I just did today, and saw 2 new messages. One from Jan, and one from Feb from you.

I wont be around all that much due to sketchy internet for the next few weeks, but I will begin hanging around more. Im hopefully getting my life back on track, and Ive wanted to get back into things, the way they were 1-2 years ago for me... partly being back into coins, and mainly detecting. Ive wanted to call XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX but just havent had the guts to man up to it all. Not because I was scared, but more ashamed for the situation.

Let me know what you want me to do. I can send him his coins back, send him a "trade" or just send him actual $. Either way, let me know. Ill check back in in a few days.

William

I have email on my phone... so if you wish a faster response... xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

Comments

• ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Holey Cr@p.....are we talking Holloween 2007?

• mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    I have no idea what is going on here but feel compelled to express why I no longer partake in swaps. I had an experiance on more than one occasion with a certain forum member whom felt it was alright to send a minimal amount of silver bullion with a note that said, "If this isn't enough let me know and I will send something else" during the COIN swaps. What chapped my ask the most is the fact that he knew it was not enough and he put the note in there knowing most would just disreguard the swap (I mean seriously, who writes back and says they did not receive enough, send mroe?)

The experiance just put a bad taste in my mouth so I stopped doing swaps all together and started to just do giveaways.

Sorry to take over your thread.
    Ray
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Actually, thanks for the input Ray.

More people should step forward if & when there are issues.

This way the issues can be dealt with.

If no one says anything and swaps detiorate,

I won't know why.

I've seen huge turnouts for past swaps. No one says anything!

Next swap is DEAD! I may be intuitive but I'm NOT psychic.

I would expect adult men to conduct themselves as such.

WILLIAM - this has gone on long enough.

Either send Paul some coins or send HIS BACK - and if you don't have them then I
    suggest you buy some and send them to him OR cut him a US Postal Money Order.

Time to seal the deal.
    You've had plenty enough time to attend to this.

Boom,

Did you really call Billy my friend less than 2 weeks ago??

This is not about a diffference of opinion where both can be right, in their own opinion.....or wrong in our opinions.

This is about someon not returning, paying or swapping for coins recieved.
    I presume they call that the same as we call it here, yes, even in California it's called the same & it's NOT an extended approval period.

Maybe a price should be paid for Our Opinion??
    Odd, the thread went image
  • I've been staying out of this thread BUT...

I feel I should say the following is the last thing I heard from William (public or private):
    Not counting knowing he has posted on other boards.

<< <i>Sunday December 30, 2007 11:32 PM

I said I dont know what happened to it retard. I just got back 2 days ago, and a $75 package is of little concern to myself right now. Again, I am wasting my time with you, and I am done. >>

-------------------------

Reply Quote Top Bottom Edit

I thank Boom and respondents(sp) for trying, but I really want nothing to do with the man. image
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
    How can you not like a Monty Python fan?? image

Paul, whatcha currently working on??

• << <i>How can you not like a Monty Python fan?? image

Paul, whatcha currently working on?? >>

Oh,
    Walkers and Mercs.
    I only have a few dates still needed to fill my Walker album. image (but I do love to upgrade).

Mercs, I need mostly early dates for my circ set, RAW FSBs I need most dates, And I kinda started a ceritfied FSB set with your last V-Tag. image
    I know the fsb sets will never be complete. image

Paul

(Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

• This is the last post to me, he left in the swap thread. Then never posted any DC#s, or PMed me, or anything.

<< <i>Sunday December 30, 2007 10:07 PM

<<

<< 30anvz28 William,

I hope you're home again, and all is well. I also hope you're off for the holiday, and can come give me an update.

I am most interested to learn how you liked the coins I sent. One I found special, and hope you will too. If you find more than one to be special,,,

Paul >>

I posted the above on Nov, 22.

I am most interested to learn how you liked the coins I sent. One I found special, and hope you will too.

AND I STILL WANT TO KNOW???????????????????????????????

I thought I did a pretty good job. But you haven't told me anything.

I think you owe me that much, come on guy. gimme some feedback.

Paul >>

I owe you more then that... your package will be going out tomorrow.

As far as the coins you sent... Initially, I thought to myself... not much variety... but then I thought about what I picked out, and the guidelines ($3 face vaule, $50-$100 value) and realized that I was in the exact same area as you... and that just seeing all those coins, was what threw me off... I think for future swaps, a face value idea like this, should have a higher swap value, to allow for more variety. Again, this was not a disapointment... just an initial oversight of the guidelines, and I know that I was in the same range in what I sent you, so I feel it was more then fair.

Now, as far as what you sent me, I was impressed. Recently, I have been going after proofs, and I dont know why. I think its because I have a much easier time telling what I am getting, and not picking up problem coins, because I am still no good at detecting cleaning, whizzed, ect.

I was much impressed with the variety of different coins, as you covered a lot of ground between proof, unc, and had a good mix between the denominations... which is also what I didnt see when I did the quick glance for my "initial" thoughts.

As far as the one you found special, as long as it isnt something off the wall (i.e., your birthday, one a friend gave you, ect) I think I have it narrowed down to one of a few. I also sent you one that I found special. Yes, it is a problem coin... one that I have been told I could sell for $50-$75, however one that I spent much, much, more on, thinking I had found a "deal". I added it to give some variety to the mix. That package will ship out tomorrow (if they are open, which I think they are).

Overall I was extremly pleased. I think you did a bit better at variety then me, because you had the proofs to cover it, however for future face value swaps, the actual tag value, should be raised, to allow for a better mixture overall, because I was finding it very difficult to not give repeats, and stay within the limits as much as possible... with the type of collection I had. I will leave that up for you to decide however...

------------------------- >>

This is why I gave up on him.
    Screw me once shame on you. Screw me twice,,no,,no second chances.

Well, since I can guess which dates you're missing for your Walker Dansco, can you say 1921?...maybe a 1916 or two...maybe the '38-D?

Mercs? Well, don't have too many raw FSB.

Shoot me out a PM on exactly what you need & what could possibly be upgraded.

I'd like to do a good deed for a good person.....within reason! image
    I'm with Aija, Paul.

Drop me an email.

I want to help try to do what I can to make up for what you've been through.

William - I cannot believe you would sell yourself out this way!

There is NO REASON good enough to NOT have taken care of this.

I've listened to more than enough and am VERY disappointed -
    that's putting it extremely lightly!

Frankly, I'm tired of this endless spin.
    This is beyond pitiful!

• I'll get back to both of you over the weekend. I will say I have a very nice 38-d (thanks Boom). Most of the empty holes are in the mid 30s, but I do need the 21s.

Paul

• BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    This should have been posted on the metal detecting forum.... Thats where he spends his time...........
    Since he continues to ignore this, it has just been posted to his thread in that Forum.

We wait - 3 days.
    Interesting....so why did his thread about his logo go POOF?
    Was it against PCGS' forum rules?

Personally I think this is a lost cause.....but would welcome Billy proving me wrong.
  • Maybe I should say, this post is the LAST attempt I made to have any contact with William:

Friday January 25, 2008 9:04 AM

Believe me I'm sorry to bring this thread ttt again but...

I feel maybe I should explain something, to William, and the group.
    We did this as a face value swap $3.00 face value $50-100 numis. value, was the limits we set.

When I was setting up my coins, I got to $3 without any nickels or pennies. so I went a bit over, I think the total face value was $3.74.

Now I didn't take my red book and look up each coin, assign a grade to it, and mark down what the red book said it was worth. To find out what the total "REAL" value would be. I CAN say there was NO 16-D Merc, or 09-S VDB cent. I could figure melt value of $1 silver halfs, $1 silver quarters, +$1 silver dimes, Nickels went from newer proof jeffs to full date V nickels, never mind the pennies.

Some have said "write him a $75.00 check. GOOD IDEA, but I think after all this waiting it should be a $175.00 check.

Again I'm sorry to bring this back.

Paul

-------------------------

Reply Quote Top Bottom Edit

His user name no longer appears in my PM history, and I haven't found the last PM sent either way. I can't say I remember the last PM I sent to him. I never made ANY attempt to contact him in any way other than posting to the swap thread, or PM.

He HAD PMed me, explaining why he was not around during the swap. A bad family problem kept him away, and I was OK with that. Family comes first hands down.

But then he says he's back and posts a promise to take care of this, and end the swap. And then,,,,POOF.

After a long time, 6 months or so, a member let me know William had posted to the MD board (this was 7 months ago). Although I let Boom know, I had been informed of this, I made NO effort to contact him myself. And although I would NOT turn down an offer from William to make it right. There is just no trust any more.

I'm just glad we are talking about a swap here, and not a TAG. With the high value of the Tags I've read about, or joined. This could have been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much worse. I can't even think about that.

Paul

• For the record,
    I've asked Boom not to waste any more time on this guy. It's just not worth the headache. After all he can't be bothered to come here and show he wants to make good, or even answer Booms PMs. And as I am unable to produce a detailed list of what I sent to William, the value is not high enough to really worry about.

Of course I don't like being robbed, who would?. I think my continued involvement in the swaps is proof possitive I hold nothing against Boom, or the rest of the group because of this bad seed. I only hope that if William ever privately asked to join in another swap, it would be made public. So we could all have a good laugh.

Paul

I don't know what thread you guys are talking about that got smoked but I will say this.

More than enough time has lapsed to make things right. No matter the circumstances -

Life goes on and as such there has been plenty opportunities to take a few minutes to

either return Paul's coins or cut him a check OR send Paul $75 -$100 worth of coins!

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT 17 MONTHS HERE - WILLIAM! 17 MONTHS AND YOU CAN'T RAISE $100

IN COINS, TAKE ANOTHER MAN'S PROPERTY YET SHOW OFF IN THE METAL DETECTION FORUM!

To say that I am disappointed would be the understatement of the 21st Century.

Every time we spoke I cut you slack and believed IN YOU! This is beyond embarassing.

I and Aija are going to take care of Paul FOR YOU which means we picked up your voucher and you
    now OWE US! I am a patient man. You may crawfish back away into the darkness or slither away
    into your little hole but one day - just remember this - WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

It's NOT about a few stinking coins or a measley $100 - it has everything to do with dishonor
    no word and zero integrity. How very friggin' pitiful. Don't slip or let your guard down.

I hope whatever morsel of conscience you have haunts you to Death!

When the arm of Justice swings around - when YOU get the banana - You'll remember this, I assure you!
    I'll keep the "private things private as only YOU & I KNOW - and God BUT THESE were among
    your own last words in which you once again acknowledge your debt and that you gave your word
    to take care of this!

NOTE - 6 MORE MONTHS HAD LAPSED!

Now ENOUGH ALREADY!

************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Date Posted: Jan/22/2009 6:17 PM
    Its definately more then past time. I have no problem understanding, and attending to it. I will get my coins while I am away, and make things right... period. As I said, I may not be around the next day or so (at least 12 hours while I make the drive) but it is not because I am hiding... just going to XXXXXX to see her. Ill update you in a day or so.

William

Then you show up on the Metal Detecting Forum. Just remember - I have ALL your information (phone #, cell # Families' places of residence and proximity to a well known Board Member.) IT'S NOT WORTH IT! TAKE CARE OF THIS WILLIAM!
    WILLIAM - SEND PAUL'S COINS BACK TO HIM OR CUT HIM A CHECK!

YOU HAVE DRAGGED THIS ON EXTREMELY TOO LONG!
  • He POOFED again after this sign on: (February 15th, 2009 10:29 AM)

This only lets him read your first post to his thread on the MD board. Of course thi is assuming he doesn't have a second screen name.

William, pay the man what you owe him!

I won't ask you again nor will I threaten you

BUT I WILL MAKE the necessary phone calls.

Friday Noon, if Paul hasn't heard from you
    or been made whole - phones will be ringing.

DO THE RIGHT THING!

The clock is ticking, Bennett.
    What is sooooo difficult about holding up YOUR END of a coin swap
    that dates back to Halloween 2007?!

THAT'S RIGHT.... 2007 ! OVER 16 MONTHS AGO.
    William had better get in touch with lonelyp or me FAST!

I'd hate to be in his shoes long about now.
  • atarianatarian Posts: 3,116
    Boom has gone BOOOOOM
    Founder of the NDCCA. *WAM Count : 025. *NDCCA Database Count : 2,610. *You suck 6/24/10. <3 In memory of Tiggar 5/21/1994 - 5/28/2010 <3
  • From a reply in Augies TAG thread

<< <i>Fifth... as I sit here with the TAG shipping information in front of me... I contemplate even posting it up... as Im NOT going to participate in any further swaps, tags, ect, and the chaos this is causing you is somewhat amusing. If it wernt for the fact I have extreme difficulity in getting this thread to load... I wouldnt post it. However, as Its a pain in the ass... here you go. Get off my back. >>

I just wish he had held to this:

<< <i>as Im NOT going to participate in any further swaps, tags, ect, and the chaos this is causing you is somewhat amusing. >>

And I'm discusted he finds it amusing.
    He used some of the same excusses during the swap with me. I cut him slack,,,acctually felt bad for the guy. To no avail, guess I was the next guy.

• WOW!!
    I was just reading in another coin swap here about how good it was going and then I see this. I had never had any experience in coin swaps before reading these and was amazed at the honesty of all involved, very few times in life will you meet truly honest people. I have only been a member of this forum for a very short time but the class of most on the people here is very high. With that all being said the person who STOLE the coins is a P.O.S!!! Now I think this thread and others about this person need to be put to rest as not to continue to leave a bad taste in peoples mouth about the coin swaps. The people who know this person know what to do and I am sure are doing it. It is very sad to see such a fun good thing get a bad rap because of one person. I have an offer to the person who lost there coins. Let me know what coin, or coins you would like that equal the value of the ones you lost and I will send them to you image You did a very good thing in the swap and dont deserver to be abused in this way. A simple 75.00 Dollars in coins is a very sad thing for a person to steal from another person.
  • PM sent to soty27

Last Visited On: February 15th, 2009 10:29 AM

I doubt we'll hear from Billly for a while......unless as an alt.

soty27, I am both sad & happy you saw this thread.

On the one side you have seen that there are risks involved in dealing with members here, even those that have been around for a while.
    30AnvZ28 was no newbie. Usually caution is recommended whenn dealing with newbies until established.

On the flip side you have seen that members don't easily forget when they, or others here, are done wrong.
    If Billy is here as an alt I'm sure that others know his name & address......both addresses in fact!
    If memory serves me right he also used his 'mothers' address for delivery. I'll have to do some digging to verify.
    So getting in on a trade/swap will be difficult. Even buying & selling will be a challenge...
    William J Bennett
    Cpl, USMC
    Grove City, Ohio

Though when he was in my TAG, Billy wanted the package sent here:
    Hilton Head Island, SC 29926

Anyway, welcome.....
    Rest assured that 99% of the deals here go smoothly if you have a reasonable amount of patience (sometimes work trumps mailing out packages M-F image ).
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Rest assured that 99% of the deals here go smoothly if you have a reasonable amount of patience. >>

Hey Augie, did the PO ever find the lost Coins that you tried to send to me?

TC
    Gary,

According to the P.O., no....and I didn't try to send them.
    But I'm happy yours were returned to you safe & sound.

Gentlemen!

Let's not lose sight of Mr. Bennett.

Aija - send me a PM

I want every known address associated with our chum the US Marine!

• << <i>I want every known address associated with our chum the US Marine >>

A U.S Marine? Is he active on duty or retired? just wondering if he was active and deployed?,I know that this is been going on for a longtime and there is no excuse at all for his actions, maybe send a registered letter something he has to sign for? it may or may not help just thought it could not hurt, GOOD LUCK,mOjO
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • pm's sent to Boom and Lonelyp

• << <i>I want every known address associated with our chum the US Marine! >>

This scum is a US Marine??? As a Former Marine, I hope he is an EX-Marine! If he is active duty and his duty station can be determined, then his commanding officer should be contacted. If there is any way I can help locate contact information for his CO, send me a PM. Though most Marines put an extremely high value on honor, there are a few who don't, so the majority will go out of there way to hammer the bad ones, in order to uphold the honor of the the rest. And when I say "hammer", that could be taken literally!
  • Well,

William has come back as you can see by his eariler post. He has told me he is going to make good on the swap.

IF and I'm sorry I do have to stress "IF" he follows thru with what he has PMed me, I'll be happy. And talking to Boom and Ajia about repaying thier kindness in making up for William to me.

I already have a coin, another member told me Ajia was interested in for his Rossie registry set.

And Booms my budy, I'm sure we will work something out.

With all due respect, I've given Mr. Bennett every benefit of the doubt and more than enough time to make good on a simple task.

I fully understand that into every lifetime dark times come and circumstances arise - but to take this long truly is beyond absurd!

I have only begun to tighten the knot, still giving him an out but I tell you all NOW - this IS THE final opportunity.

There will be no threats made but if Paul doesn't receive his end of this swap, in which he has shown Good Faith and tremendous
    patience, PRESENTLY - AS IN NOW, without another word being typed by me let's just say that I'll see to it that what happens next
    will fall directly upon Mr. Bennett's shoulders. I have heard enough for the last time. All I want to SEE are Delivery Confirmation
    numbers posted to this thread - FAST. No more excuses. No more dialogue. Get it done William or live with the consequences.

If he IS a Marine (or not) will be ascertained one way or another. Whether he IS or isn't is really immaterial at this point.

I have nothing further to say or write on this matter till Paul has been made whole.

FINAL PM HAS BEEN SENT. Do what you need to do, NOW! February has come & gone! So has March. Now we're into the second week of April. It's time to make a move and NOW, I REALLY have nothing further to say except Bennet - DO IT or watch your back. You CLAIM to be a Marine and right now there are a lot of Active and FORMER MARINES that are NOT TOO THRILLED WITH YOU.

Not only have you disgraced your self but you've disgraced the corps in the process - over a measley coin! No - actually you've disgraced the Honor of The US Marine Corps and IF you are or ever were a Marine, you KNOW how Marines feel about such things. I suggest you move you rear end NOW... Double Time.
  • William Bennett, do you know this man? Check out the Base CO at MCAS Beaufort.

I still call him "LT", though he would demand you address him as SIR.

• No, I dont... because Ive been out for well over 3 years. Boom has all of my contact information... and knows that I have been out for over 3 years... so why he keeps trying to make contact with my CO or the base makes no sense. The box is ready, and if Fed Ex is open tomorrow it will be shipped tomorrow. I couldnt get there in time today.
    Nice PMs you sent me Bennett. Maybe I should share them with everyone so they can see you as you truly are!

I'll think about it but JUST GET THE PACKAGE TO PAUL OR DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES.

Enough dragging your butt already.

• << <i>I have set up a pickup for Fed Ex on Monday. They are closed over the weekend. Your tracking number is... 102342400390174. It is being shipped Fed Ex Home Delivery. It should show up in the system Monday evening if I understand their site correctly. >>

Not found
    No information for the following shipments/FedEx Office orders has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact Customer Service.

Nah! I'm saving this!

Hey Paul. I gotta show you sumthin!
This discussion has been closed.