Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

The Nicest 1903-S Morgan Dollar on Ebay w/ $0.99 Starting Bid! Rare Key Date. L@@K

For those of you who are familiar with my auctions, you know I primarily only deal with toned coins. I couldn't pass up this Morgan dollar though. You just don't come across 1903-S dollars this nice very often at all. I looked at every 1903-S on ebay, and I did not see a single one that was as nice as this one. Check it out.

Key Date 1903-S Morgan Dollar *Very Rare*
imageimage
Take a look at all the colorful coins at Chameleon Coins

Comments

• Options
    marmacmarmac Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭
    THIS IS AN INCREDIBLY RARE 1903-S MORGAN DOLLAR IN CHOICE BU CONDITION. BOTH SIDES HAVE EXTREMELY CLEAN SURFACES WITH NO MAJOR DISTRACTIONS. THIS IS A PROBLEM FREE COIN, AND BY FAR THE NICEST ONE ON ALL OF EBAY (AS OF 1-29-09). THIS KEY DATE MORGAN DOLLAR IS A VERY ATTRACTIVE COIN WITH SUPER EYE APPEAL. THIS COIN SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM BEING SLABBED. AS WITH ALL MY LISTINGS, WHAT YOU SEE IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU'LL GET. I'M SURE THE NEXT OWNER WILL BE DELIGHTED TO ADD THIS COIN TO THEIR COLLECTION. THIS IS A TRUE AUCTION WITH A $0.99 STARTING BID. IF YOU WIN MORE THAN 1 ITEM WITHIN 72 HOURS, PAY THE HIGHEST SHIPPING AND HANDLING AMOUNT, AND ADD $1 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL ITEM WON (UP TO 5). PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS BEFORE THE CLOSE OF THE AUCTION. I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING RAINBOW TONED COINS FOR A LONG TIME NOW, AND WILL BE LISTING A LARGE NUMBER OF MY COINS, SO BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER AUCTIONS.

image)
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW unless its a VAM there is no such thing as an "incredibly rare" Morgan dollar. I wish people would stop spoutin bullchit to sucker in the unwary. If that coin has any merit at all it will be maximized by getting it into a PCGS holder.
  • Options

<< <i>FWIW unless its a VAM there is no such thing as an "incredibly rare" Morgan dollar. I wish people would stop spoutin bullchit to sucker in the unwary. If that coin has any merit at all it will be maximized by getting it into a PCGS holder. >>

It will make a PCGS holder- GENUINE holder.

that coin has been over dipped.
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    Chameleon is a nice person to deal with...I wish some people would quit being such jerks. While it may be true that there is no super rare morgan dollar and that the proper terminology is probably the word scarce that doesn't give you the right to be mean to the guy. Just MHO.
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice date and nice coin. However, it appears to have been messed with. Hairlines in the obverse and no
    apparent luster (at least from this pic).
    Good luck,
    bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Nice Policies too......

"Credit card payment must be made within 36 hours or the coin will be relisted and you will be out of luck."
    AND
    "The seller will not accept returns for this item. "

Pretty harsh for what you describe as a "PROBLEM FREE COIN"
  • Options
    BUT he is a nice person to deal with image
  • Options
    RNCHSNRNCHSN Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    It looks AU-58 at best due to the scruffy looking fields, and it might be dipped a few times, but it's still a decent looking, better-date Morgan dollar.

He claims it's the best looking sample of this version on eBay.....(his opinion)....obviously you all have one too...

..........Putting it in a PCGS holder will make it more marketable to some people....me included...

.....which label goes on the holder DOES make a difference...but getting it into a PCGS holder is part of the gamble....

........I don't believe I've ever done business with him....yet....and don't know whether he's a good person to deal with.....yet....

.....His return policy is none of your business unless you are a bidder! Take it into acount when you place your bids!

.......Bid or Back-off! There are no other appropriate options!
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    His return policy is none of your business unless you are a bidder! Take it into acount when you place your bids!

Ron, I have to respectfully disagree.
    If the return policy has a bearing on whether I bid or not, then IMO it becomes my business.
    Maybe I (we) should not respond to FS threads, peroid......either postively or negatively.
    But we do.
    And just as it's OK to say "Nice Coins' when they are truely nice, the opposite should be acceptable.
    If the coin(s) are not (in our opinions) what they are proported to be, we should be able to - respectfully - say so.

JMO
  • Options
    I've got to come up with some money quickly, otherwise I would send it in to get slabbed. I don't believe it has ever been dipped, and I think it should have no problems getting slabbed. There are no returns on any of my auctions that start with at $0.99, and I'm only selling this coin because I'm in desperate need of the money (and I need it quickly). Most of the money will be spent as soon as I get it. I found one other 1903-S on ebay that was NGC graded AU-53, and it looked like crap compared to this one. If anyone can find a nicer one, let me know. I'd like to take a look at it.
    Take a look at all the colorful coins at Chameleon Coins
  • Options
    marmacmarmac Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭

choice bu- ha ha ha..... thats funny

• Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've got to come up with some money quickly, otherwise I would send it in to get slabbed. I don't believe it has ever been dipped, and I think it should have no problems getting slabbed. There are no returns on any of my auctions that start with at $0.99, and I'm only selling this coin because I'm in desperate need of the money (and I need it quickly). Most of the money will be spent as soon as I get it. I found one other 1903-S on ebay that was NGC graded AU-53, and it looked like crap compared to this one. If anyone can find a nicer one, let me know. I'd like to take a look at it. >>

The problem with your EBAY Return policy is that If I purchased the coin from you and I didn't like it...I can send it back whether you like it or not and eventually I would get my money. Paypal doesn't give a rats patootie if you don't accept returns. If the coin is not what the buyer expects than the seller is SOL. I thought I have done buisness with you before but I made a mistake it was the other toned coin guy......Sorry if I ranted on some of you guys about this seller.....
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,