Options

What's your favorite drink...

on New Year's Eve?

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    alcohol freeimage

for all tha alkys though...heres a flask on me
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    COFFEE!!!

[edit] Good lord, that flask looks like a chromed catalytic converter!

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Toss up.

Fresh made Mango Juice.

Freshly made Avocado. Yum!
  • Options
    Avocado as a drink? I'm curious. How do you do that? I know guacamole. I cannot imagine a drink though! Green tasty sludge?

• Options
    JsayreJsayre Posts: 227 ✭✭
    A nice solid 8+% IPA or winter ale! We just finished off a gallon of home made eggnog with brandy, whiskey, and coffe last night. Much better than the store bought stuff and very easy to make!
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Glenlivet 15 year old French Oak Reserve

Scotch
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Dr. Pepper or Coffee.

When I USED to partake my favorite was Crown Royal & Water...

You'll never get a hangover drinking the good stuff with WATER!image

It's the sweet stuff (Coke or 7 Up) that gives people hangovers.

Did ya know that? For real! image
  • Options

<< <i>Dr. Pepper or Coffee.

When I USED to partake my favorite was Crown Royal & Water...

You'll never get a hangover drinking the good stuff with WATER!image

It's the sweet stuff (Coke or 7 Up) that gives people hangovers.

Did ya know that? For real! image >>

Yes

Scotch, water on the side

• Options
  • Options
    Once a person accumulates/ acquires a "taste" for drinking this way
    they do not WANT any of that sweet SHTUFF defiling their drink.image

I also used to like Stolichnaya Vodka with Orange Juice (REAL ORANGE JUICE) - Good stuff!

Oh, and Bloody Mary with the same Vodka and a celery stalk. Hmmm Gooood!
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    I am a big fan of Mexican Coke and other soft drinks that use real sugar and not corn syrup.

PS- I already drank my share of alcoholic beverages in this lifetime so I'll leave the rest to you guy'simage.
  • Options
    Highball, Jim Beam and Coke
    Collector Of Indian Cents!
    Fly-In Club
    My PCGS Registry Sets
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Water.

...but if I wanted something with a little kick, a glass of a nice Argentine Torrontes or German Auslese would be preferred over the typical carbonated bubbly.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options

And why not?
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/
  • Options
    Apparently it was White Russians last night. The way I feel this morning, I don't think they will be my favorite anymore.
  • Options

<< <i>image

And why not? >>

It's ok if you are going to limit yourself to under $10 bottles. But if you are celebrating with champagne, why not opt for a better NV in the $30-$40 range or, even better, get a great bottle of vintage "sparkling wine" from Oregon or California (Argyle or Ferrer) that is comparable to much more expensive French equivalents?
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options

<< <i>alcohol freeimage

>>

Same here. But my favorite is probably Colombian coffee.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After several Long Island Iced Teas, i'm not feeling so hot this morning... I guess that's the real reason it's a Federal holiday though image
  • Options
    jgrinzjgrinz Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

<< <i>After several Long Island Iced Teas, i'm not feeling so hot this morning... I guess that's the real reason it's a Federal holiday though image >>

After several you were probably were not walking to straight aye image

Rum
    vodka
    Gin
    Tequila
    triple sec
    splash of coke for color
    lemon wedge

Pretty amazing with the alcohol content you figure it non palateable but oh so not true image

• Options
    jgrinzjgrinz Posts: 985 ✭✭✭
    Having some adjustments done to my brain chemistry I cannot drink anything for a while ..

HOWEVER for you NON drinkers I have concocted a nice drink that looks good in a
    COSMO glass and taste great, try it it if you can.

Dole Strawberry/Kiwi fruit juice 1/2
    Fresca 1/2

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image

And why not? >>

It's ok if you are going to limit yourself to under $10 bottles. But if you are celebrating with champagne, why not opt for a better NV in the $30-$40 range or, even better, get a great bottle of vintage "sparkling wine" from Oregon or California (Argyle or Ferrer) that is comparable to much more expensive French equivalents? >>

????? Better take a closer look at that label. Real Champagne like that comes only from the Champagne region of France. That one cost me $37, and is one of my favorites.
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

• Options
    Advanced collector of BREWERIANA. Early beer advertising (beer cans, tap knobs, foam scrapers, trays, tin signs, lithos, paper, etc)....My first love...U.S. COINS!
  • Options
    Coffee
  • Options
    If it is a 750 ml, then that would be the price. Couldn't tell from the image. I think anNV Duval-Leroy is a superior choice at the price point, but it always comes down to personal preference.

Yes, Champagne (by official name) only comes from that region in France. Champagne grapes are grown elsewhere and produce excellent wines that are quite comparable but not called Champagne. French Champagne is overpriced and often overrated. OTOH, I was never big on bubblies.
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options

<< <i>If it is a 750 ml, then that would be the price. Couldn't tell from the image. I think anNV Duval-Leroy is a superior choice at the price point, but it always comes down to personal preference.

Yes, Champagne (by official name) only comes from that region in France. Champagne grapes are grown elsewhere and produce excellent wines that are quite comparable but not called Champagne. French Champagne is overpriced and often overrated. OTOH, I was never big on bubblies. >>

Actually, my personal preference is Jack Daniel's, but Champagne on NY's Eve with my wife is a must, overpriced or not.

Just to keep this coin related, though, a French coin:

imageimage

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    something cold... mostly beer. I still like Yuengling

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Mount Gay Rum and iced tea.image
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Corona Beer
    Harveys Bristol Creme
    Ice Water

(no not all mixed together)
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Single malt (scotch), from these guys.
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three fingers of Oban with no ice.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nobody else picked this one?

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>nobody else picked this one?

image >>

They're still hiding in the closet.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    jdillanejdillane Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    I used to splurge on Dom Perignon for NYE. Actually, I would only buy if I could get it discounted. Tres yum but eventually found that Cordon Negro's bubbly was nearly as good and at $6 - $12 per bottle, easy on the wallet.

Last night, I merely had some wine with dinner. I have some 21 y/o archive Glenlivet that I enjoy on special occasions - neat with a spritz of water and a glass on the side. At 11:55, I decided to crash instead of imbibe and felt great when I woke up at 6:20 this am.

Must admit that I got the Archive off the bay. I forget what I paid but it was better price than I have ever seen at retail. Of course the contents were merely incidental to the very collectible bottle and storage case! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>nobody else picked this one?

image >>

They're still hiding in the closet. >>

Yes, what an obvious omission and coin-related at that.

Another coin and beverage related one, the quarter design that didn't make it:

NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    I drank too much and then went on Ebay

I am too afraid to go look

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>alcohol freeimage

>>

Same here. But my favorite is probably Colombian coffee. >>

I take mine "Good to the last drop". image
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

(Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    busco69busco69 Posts: 815 ✭✭
    Crown Royle
    ''Coin collecting is the only hobby where you can spend all your money and still have some left''
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Wow -- no one said Kool-Aid? Only the picture of Kool-Aid Man? image

Speaking of drink, my father-in-law stayed with us a few days over Christmas and one of the things he brought me was an unopened, still sealed bottle of Crown Royal from 1961, complete with purple pouch and box. It doesn't seem to be worth much, so I should probably just drink it -- a small glass or two on the rocks now and then. My understanding is that unless it was stored incorrectly, it should taste pretty much the same as when it was bottled in '61. I don't think I've ever partaken in drink older than me -- closest I've come so far is a glass of '68 Cabernet.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diet Pepsiimage

Steve
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    some Koolaid!
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With most meals, I drink 2 % milk, but with salty fast foods (like hamburgers and fries or deep fried fish, etc.) I like Classic Coca Cola or Diet Rite Cola.

I used to like Pepsi Light, but they only made it for a couple of years in the 1970's and then discontinued it. image

I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>MMMmmmmm Gooood!!!!

image >>

I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    After the non-stop assault from late night cable TV, I just had to add this one......

(Took some time to find the image. Surprised Coca-Cola didn't sue because of the colors.)
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lance and I have another thing in common . .

Any single malt that is 12 years old is worth a try. I mix the 3 and 6 year old stuff with Diet Coke.

Nothing like a single malt as the sun sets over the ranch in WY.

Drunner

(Oh . .and I love coins)
  • Options
    Crown Royal
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nowadays it kind of depends... for a clean, clear drink Seltzer water is nice. For a seasony kind of drink either warm milk with a splash of vanilla extract OR apple cider/juice heated with cinnamon, cloves, allspice and orange peel.

In the old days, Napolean Courvoisier brandy and/or a vintage Port (Fonseca or some such) was my favorite.

Regarding sparkling wines, living here in the San Francisco Bay Area you might expect that I've sampled a little of the bubbly product. My favorite for price/performance was "Roederer's Anderson Valley" (Anderson valley is a little north of Napa and Sonoma). A lovely sparkling wine that runs about $20 a bottle.

On an amusing note regarding excessive drinking on New Year's Eve (or any other time for that matter), I recommend listening to the song, "Let's get f***ed up", by the group "Start Trouble".
  • Options
    ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    no story here, Wild Turkey with Honey, Southern Comfort, Johnny Walker Black Label and Milk image
    figglehorn
  • Options
    Anderson Valley is a rather nice place. Not all of the wineries there are good.

But the Navarro Vineyards Dry Estate Gewurztraminer is the very best wine I have ever had, ever.

Every time I drive through, I stop by. Also, the Apple Farm is worth a visit; just a few hundred yards down the road.
    They have excellent apple cider, and when in season, they have the unpasteurized stuff which is crazy-good but needs to be drunk quickly or it will turn.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file