Home Sports Talk

Post Your Team Here: "Who's going to a Playoff Game?"

Comments

• sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Going to the Cardinals Falcons game this Saturday! Hard to believe the Cardinals are 12-4 at home since hiring Whisenhunt.

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Will be at the Colts / Bolts game. Here's the view from our seats :

Win or lose, it's always exciting to be at a playoff game ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • My dad's trying to get tickets to the Dolphins game but it's doubtful we'll go since we also have tickets to the Lightning game on Saturday night over in Tampa.

• << <i>Going to the Cardinals Falcons game this Saturday! Hard to believe the Cardinals are 12-4 at home since hiring Whisenhunt.

image >>

I'll be in my seats in section 113 for this one....it's so sad there are still tickets available to a PLAYOFF game!!!

• sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    My season tickets are in Sec 208, 207 ... however, for this game, I'm in Sec 111.

With the way the Cardinals have played since winning the division title, I think fans were apprehensive. Many didn't purchase the initial playoffs tickets (by 12/05) because it was a good possibility we'd play the Cowboys. So, by playing the Falcons, at least the stadium won't be invaded by opposing fans!

So many people in the greater Phoenix region are established NFL fans from other cities. I myself grew up watching the Packers since '77, and, have adopted the Cardinals upon moving here in '01. There is a base group of hardcore Cardinal fans, however, the tradition is lacking.

Prior to the new stadium, the Cardinals had the poorest quality NFL venue (ASU stadium) . Thus, poor attendance contributed to blacked-out games (other NFL games were locally broadcasted; i.e ), lack of revenue (to attract and sign top free agents/coaches) and ultimately no home field advantage.

Amazingly, the Cardinals have sold out home games from the previous 3 years. Unfortunately, at this point in time, we need opposing fans attendance to do so. Now homes games are broadcasted vs. the Broncos and Cowboys. This helps to generate new fans, family tradition, and develop team & player identity.

• << <i>
    So many people in the greater Phoenix region are established NFL fans from other cities. I myself grew up watching the Packers since '77, and, have adopted the Cardinals upon moving here in '01. There is a base group of hardcore Cardinal fans, however, the tradition is lacking.

. >>

Sounds a lot like the TB Rays....

Only difference is that the Cards have been in Phoenix for about 20 more years than the Rays in St. Pete and have actually had an opportunity to convert some people. They've just always sucked so it hasn't worked yet.
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭
    I'll be in miami for the raven's game,gonna drive down
    and pick up some last minute tickets,always works out pretty good.
    Last year we went to tampa for the giants game,waited till kickoff
    looked for the guy with his head down walking away with a hand full of
    tickets,saw the game for $100 bucksimage

J.R.
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I live in the greater Los Angeles area, which is one of America's largest cities and has a large fan base, but we kinda don't have a NFL team out here. So I guess I will have to catch the games on tv.

I wonder what is worse:

Not having an NFL team or having a team like the Yucs who only had to win ONE game down the stretch to make the playoffs and didn't do it?? lol
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Cleveland isn't going anywhere....maybe I'll drive downtown this weekend and try to find the Browns offense....

• << <i>
    Not having an NFL team or having a team like the Yucs who only had to win ONE game down the stretch to make the playoffs and didn't do it?? lol >>

Thanks to this board, people don't realize that NYJ and Denver flailed just as miserably at the end of the season as the Bucs did. image

I'm also pretty sure everyone on this board would choose their team to miss out on the playoffs by 1 game if it meant having a team in their city.