Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Have you ever found British Virgin Islands & Cayman Islands coins in change?

Have you ever found any British Virgin Islands & Cayman Islands coins in change,albeit,without actually having been there? If so,then what coins have you found in change? If you've found them in rolls,they do count as being found in change,as does getting them in a CoinStar change machine.

If you have,& you do have some coins,please feel free to scan them,& post up some photos.

Aidan.

Comments

• Options
    I got a nickle sized coin in change with a fish on it in NY. It was from some island country. Maybe Cayman? Maybe Bermuda? Can't remember right off. It had Elizabeth on the obverse.
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    My mother used to work in the cash office of a local Target store (discount retailer) in the 80's and 90's and I got the foreign coins that came through the tills. Received several Cayman Islands dimes and a quarter that way. No BVI coins though. Small value coins from the Caribbean were the most common.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    David,
    Can you please post up some photos of your Cayman Islands coins here? Better still,you should join Mycoinpictures & download a FREE photo editor off Photoscape while you're at it.

Aidan.