Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

1958 partial set for sale. Nearly 50% of the set!

From the collection I bought recently, here's a 241 card partial set of 1958 Topps for sale. Almost 50% of the set, it averages EX+, with it being split pretty evenly 45% EX/MT, 55% EX to EX+. Crease free. Strong eye appeal. Total raw value of these cards is $2539, $675 delivered gets it done. Thanks!

RB

Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    those are some nice cards!! good luck with them, i wish i had the cash.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    A year ago I would be all over these, but with the economic downturn I am hunkering down.

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • i might be interested..who's the biggest $ star card?
  • I'm the oppposite. with regards to the economic situation. Heck, $5000 in a year CD at 4% yields $200 interest... gimme a break! Sometimes you can make $200 on cards with only investing $500-1000 dollars and the return can come much quicker than one year.
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm the oppposite. with regards to the economic situation. Heck, $5000 in a year CD at 4% yields $200 interest... gimme a break! Sometimes you can make $200 on cards with only investing $500-1000 dollars and the return can come much quicker than one year. >>

I agree with the fact 4% is squat at a bank. My comment is that I am afraid that we have the potential for cardboard baseball cards to be totally worthless in a year, except for the true high end vintage.

We are in a global economic situation the likes of we have never seen. I'm glad I have this hobby and I want it to be fun and profitable for years to come.
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I would have to disagree on the baseball card industry as a whole following the downward economic trend. For the most part I believe the people that enjoy the collecting aspect and buy the majority of the cards in the industry are much more well off than the average Joe. It may take a slight hit but I doubt it will be felt like goods that everyone buys but now won't be able to afford as much.
  • I agree that all cards may be worth much less in a year, and buying cards as a short term investment right now is a bad idea.

However, long term, they will come back around. They always do. The recession won't last forever and people with always start spending money on hobbies and elective items again.
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I agree with leadoff's comments. I also think this is a tremendous time to buy. If you can get quality cards cheaply and you have the coin to do it, it's a great time to buy.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items