Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

OT: A dear friend (Fellow collector) lost his Son. See the online register.

StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
If I do any updating to this, I will try to add it to this first post

My friend Keith LaBrozzi called me this AM and told me of some tragic news regarding his first born Son Keith LaBrozzi Jr.

His Son was shot and killed defending his Girlfriend when she left work Sunday night. He was just 24 yrs. old. Here is a link to his local newspaper with the entire story: www.lufkindailynews.com There is also a sign-up book online so you can instantly give your condolences to his entire Family, and you can find that here: Online register

I met Keith on eBay and on these boards and we have become like brothers. I talk to him on the phone about coins and whatever comes to mind almost daily, not everyday, but sometimes. I met him and his wife in Vegas, and then just recently I met his entire family in Lufkin when I went to Texas for a vacation. I had the priviledge of meeting his Son Keith (J.R.). I thought he was a great Guy.

The reason I'm posting this here is because sometimes coins come second. Keith told me that d/t these unfortunate circumstances, he might be selling off his collection of coins. I will keep you posted to this and I will assist Keith with whatever I can to help him do this if he decides to.

Keith's e-mail address is: LaBrozzi1958@consolidated.net if you decide you would like to drop him an e-mail. If you want to send him something, send me a PM and I will forward his home address.

Keith...You and Your Family are in my prayers!

Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Heartbreaking news. My prayers are with him and his family.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    I am at a loss for words. Our prayers are with you Keith.
  • Options
    Tragic. My most sincere sympathies to Kieth and Family.
    "Wars are really ugly! They're dirty
    and they're cold.
    I don't want nobody to shoot me in the foxhole."
    Mary

Best Franklin Website
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Truly sad.
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for their loss.
    This stuff always seems to give me a reality check.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't place into words my heart felt sadness for you and your family.image
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Mere words can't express my sadness for this tragic event.
    My hearts with the LaBrozzi family, may you find some peace in your sons brave act.
    And to the young lady who witnessed Keith JR's sacrifice for his love of her.
    He gave you a gift, accept it, grieve for him, then move forward and live a good, long, and happy life.
    He loved you enough, that he would want nothing less for you.
    And for you to do less, would be a waste of his life.

As for the predator, may tough Texas law deal harshly with him.
    Dan
  • Options
    I am very upset about this tragic and senseless event.

Keith and his family will be in my prayers and may justice be harshly served. image

RegistryNut
  • Options
    Heartbreaking news. My heartfelt condolences to the LaBrozzi family.
  • Options
    MistercoinmanMistercoinman Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭
    Having two sons of my own, this really hits home. Keith I am so sorry for your lost. Fred
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Reality bites!

I am deeply saddened that a young man's life has been snuffed out needlessly.

On the other hand it really ticks me off. The person that did this will pay dearly.

My prayers are with the Family.

Rest in Peace, Keith.

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    How very tragic! As a parent, my heart goes out to Keith!

I have faith in the Texas Juducial System that equal justice will be given to the perpetrator of this violent and senseless act!

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    Sorry about your loss Keith. I will keep your family in my prayers.
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible, terrible news. My deepest sympathies and condolances to the family for this tragedy.
    Mark

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't express how sad I am for you Keith.

My prayers are with you and yours at this awful moment.

Gil
  • Options
    There is nothing worse and nothing more unnatural than for a parent to lose a child. We human beings are made to be strong enough to handle the death of our parents, but the death of one's child is an incomprehensible loss. Ordinarily I find some consolation in the phrase, "and this too shall pass," but in this case I can only offer my deepest sympathies.
    I am not kidding,

G99G
    I collect 20-slab, blue plastic PCGS coin boxes. To me, every empty box is like a beating heartimage NOT.

People come up sometimes, and ask me, G99G, are you kidding? And I answer them no, I am NOT KIDDING.

Every empty box?
    C'mon!
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    so so sorry to hear this as how devastating and to know he was defending his gal too...many condolences...hopefully all deal and come through such a level of grief
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got back on line (virus) to see this!

My heart goes out to you and your family, Keith. What a tragic loss.

I'm sure Texas will deal with this quickly and harshly!!!!

Jon
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the article and the felony complaint. This purely sucks.

My deepest condolences to the family, and may the perpetrator rot in Hell.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never know what to say at times like this. I am always at a loss for words image
    My condolences.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The little town of Lufkin, Texas has been very kind to Keith and his Family, as hundreds of people have paid their respects.

Keith said it was S.R.O. at the church, with people lined outside of the front doors! Its wonderful to hear that people have rallied with support in their time of need.

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Keith, there is no way any of us can know how you feel for your loss. We are here for you and if there is anything I can personally do for you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Mark
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    truly there are no words that could be said at a time like this, just know that all of us here feel deeply for your loss and our thoughts, prayers, and best wishes forward go out to you!
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com