Home Precious Metals
Options

Local B&Ms pulled their bullion/cull material

morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
I tried to buy some cull 90%, of the 3 shops I visited all the cull stuff is gone.

Nothing, nada, only slabbed stuff, I can't even get onboard at these levels.

I offered 12x times face, still nothing.

Great time to buy, but no one will budge.

Anyone else have this experience?

Scott
World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Comments

• Options
    vplitevplite Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭
    I agree this is a timely time to get on board. I'll let you know after I visit my local flea market Sunday. There are alway several coin dealers there, and bullion stuff is a big part of their sales.

I won't be paying 12X face though. 9X face max. I might be leaving empty handed.
    The Golden Rule: Those with the gold make the rules.
  • Options
    I'm calling my guy when he opens and asking.........we shall see...........
    Peace and Prosper.............
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I'll sell you lots at 12x
    What are they holding for or are they really out of silver
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I tried to buy some cull 90%, of the 3 shops I visited all the cull stuff is gone.

Nothing, nada, only slabbed stuff, I can't even get onboard at these levels.

I offered 12x times face, still nothing.

Great time to buy, but no one will budge.

Anyone else have this experience?

Scott >>

That makes no sense. Did you mean to say cull 90% silver dollars?
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Just bought 20 ounces for 13.50 per ounce (2 10 ounce bars) I thought a fair price.
  • Options

I got a pound of 90% junk silver on eBay last night for 11X face. That was the lowest I could find.

Anybody willing to sell at 10X face and I'm buying!
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<That makes no sense. Did you mean to say cull 90% silver dollars?>>

Yes 90% dollars. Usually I can get decent VF/XF common Morgans for a little over melt, dollar or two.

$12.70 spot, equals roughly $9.80 in sliver value.

I stick with the 90% dollars, 15.5 oz. of .999 per roll.

Scott
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    I have found the same here locally....

I bought two 100 ounce Engelhard bars Tuesday (12th)...for 2% over spot....I think it was about $14.75...guy had three more 100 ounce bars..if I wanted them but......I was not prepared (cash on me wise) to get the other three so I left them...but told him if all went well I would be back on Friday to get the other three 100 ouncers......he said cool.....

so.....silver dropped further, which was cool with me...called him around noon on Friday and asked him to hold the three for me until I got off work...and if 2% over spot was still his price....he told me he "pulled" them...and they were no longer for sale.....I figure he had $12-13 an oz in them and he was not about to let me have them for $12.50...oh well....

I will wait and pick up some more 10 and 100 ouncers when all this carp smooths out a bit.....

RAH

edited for my terrible speeling!
  • Options
    I called earlier in the week when silver was still $13.50-$14/oz. The dealer said he had $3500 face of 90% coming in. Called yesterday, claims all he has is a few silver dimes left.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    Bet if the spot dropped to say $6-7, it would start to come out of the woodwork as these guys start running scared...
    Successful BST purchases from: WaterSport, commoncents123, Hyperion, mozeppa, Mar327, coinlieutenant, Placid, MFH, fishteeth, FilthyBroke, SilverEagles92, illini420, barberman55, pcgs69 (2x) & 123cents

History of the US Constitution Coin Set
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    picked up a couple of ounces today at an antique store for 14.50.
    bought a few 10 oz bars before the big drop over the last few days.
    sucks.. but heck, that is the market for you.

i cannot find any silver at the current prices. you have to pay 15 +
    dollars an ounce.