Home U.S. Coin Forum

The Submission Poll: "In the next three months I plan to................"

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
No reply necessary, I was just curious to see what everyone was had plans to do in the short term as far as submitting coins.

Al H.

Comments

• Nothing. Vote posted. Respectfully, John Curlis
  • droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    i've at least got a quarterly special worth using.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ambivalent. I admit that I believe the FS designation to be bogus as a qualitative factor, and since PCGS has denied me the opportunity to make money by playing that game, I am not sure how much I'm going to play the slabbing game at all.

I find that Saflips allow me to handle my Plats (or other high grade Modern bullions) when I want to, and I can store them in a much smaller space than I can when they are slabbed. I do enjoy handling my coins - even with cotton gloves.

On the other hand, when I need confirmation that I've got a high grade coin that can be sold at a significant premium - then yeah, it's gonna get graded.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    I am still cautious about this whole grading thing, but I do have a membership and have been gathering coins to send in.
    I will try to take full advantage of my membership before next May and then decide whether to renew or not at that time.

Oh yeah, I voted PCGS.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I have to use NGC to grade my So Called Dollars

since PCGS does not handle them. However, regular

coins in my classic holdings still go to PCGS.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    No First Strike is the first reason for not sending in coins.

The second, when I get my grade as a 69 and I compare it to a shiny spot riddled 70, it's pretty much a betting game the small timer can't win.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file