Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I'm glad that PCGS put an end to "political" threads.

It was the wrong place for it. I have noticed that the amount of incivility towards other members has decreased as well.

Comments

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The some posters of the political threads usually got overheated and very personal in a negative way. I don't miss them at all.
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a COIN forum!
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    What political threads? I must have missed them.
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's a COIN forum! >>

Yeah... what he said !!!
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    As a coin Forum, divisive threads such as politics

are never appropriate to the sanguine pursuit of

Numismatic knowledge and enjoyment of the hobby.

Just look at what such political discourse has done to me.

There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    I have often wondered why we can't have a free chat/misc. forum as most other major forums do. I think it would be nice because I enjoy the company on this board more than any other forum on the net.. That way, the coin forum could be about coins, the BST about commerce, and Misc about whatever..including politics
  • Options

<< <i>I have often wondered why we can't have a free chat/misc. forum as most other major forums do. I think it would be nice because I enjoy the company on this board more than any other forum on the net.. That way, the coin forum could be about coins, the BST about commerce, and Misc about whatever..including politics >>

We had one, but the majority of sissies couldn't cope with it, so they got rid of it.
  • Options
    It was found that the anything goes FORUM,

while having many fine attributes, became excessive

in name calling, insults, threats and the defaming

of character. No amount of warnings seemed to have been

able to restore good manners and goodwill among

the members. It is a shame, but that is human nature for you.
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    I for one am happy they have zero tolerance for threads, now if they would force the issue with political sig lines I'd be even happier. Most of them are just knee-jerk reactions or taken out of historical context. NGC did the same thing years ago when they banned political threads.
  • Options
    TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598

<< <i>I have often wondered why we can't have a free chat/misc. forum as most other major forums do. I think it would be nice because I enjoy the company on this board more than any other forum on the net.. That way, the coin forum could be about coins, the BST about commerce, and Misc about whatever..including politics >>

commoncents123,

PCGS had an "Open Forum" here until a few misused it and ruined it for everyone. It was a shame, the O.F. was fun to visit if you wanted to talk with members on subjects other then coins. image
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    Well someone has a thread that will end up very political now. I hope Carol nukes it.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that Roger will be on the Citizen's Committee, we will have better representation for our hobby.
    That's as close as I am going to get to touching this one, John.

If it isn't about coins, POOF it !
  • Options
    If it gets political, it goes. Simple as that.

It's a coin board, plenty of other boards in the wonderful world of the internet where one can discuss anything and everything. Try it, just not on this board image

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    vplitevplite Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I for one am happy they have zero tolerance for threads, now if they would force the issue with political sig lines I'd be even happier. Most of them are just knee-jerk reactions or taken out of historical context. NGC did the same thing years ago when they banned political threads. >>

I emailed the moderator and suggested that signature line containing political or religious opinions be banned, but she said they were just focusing on content.
    The Golden Rule: Those with the gold make the rules.
  • Options
    cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489

<< <i>I emailed the moderator and suggested that signature line containing political or religious opinions be banned, but she said they were just focusing on content. >>

Why stop at just these? Lets scrub all the signature lines so we don't OFFEND ANYONE!!!!!!

Thank God the moderator still believes in freedom of expression...

P.S....As not to offend you please do not read my signature line...image
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "political" threads can cover alot of territory...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What this place needs is a good Open Forum. image
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    I like this forum but, but it is not free speech around here. Lots of non polictical thread are poofed in a hurry. Name calling is uncalled for but the poofed threads generally have some good content that vanishes.

A lot of users on this site are fast to report others, that i do not understand. Sig lines??? come on, get a life.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What this place needs is a good Open Forum. image >>

• Options
    Me too!
    -Rome is Burning

• Options
    Me 2, ....so who ya voting 4?
  • Options
    QDB and David Hall.

Now that is a dynamic duo

to vote for.image
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as one that "got into it" on a number of those political threads, I agree, things have been a bit more civil lately.....

boring!

i guess it's best to stick to coins.....

• Options
    tombrtombr Posts: 863 ✭✭
    I come here to get away from politics and politicians. Thanks PCGS.
  • Options
    CertifiedGoldCoinsCertifiedGoldCoins Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I come here to get away from politics and politicians. Thanks PCGS. >>

Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Yep, good move!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    Boring it may be, but that is preferable to having

ones Blood Pressure raised 50 points. Many of us come

here to escape from the harshness of the world and find

a pleasing, informative and interesting place to hide for

a while.image
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    You hit the nail on the head as usual bear.image
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's better that they're gone. Now we can get back to only certain members being alowed to post off-topic.
  • Options
    I remember the good ole days that's for sure. Remember we had our own place....and we still do.
    There's only One
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's a COIN forum!"

Couldn't agree more-glad to see 'em gone.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I come here to get away from politics and politicians. Thanks PCGS. >>

Agreed. It's so hard to get away from politics in an election year, and I love having a refuge away from it. I can sling it as well as anyone, but there are times when I get sick of political overload and just want to get away from it for a while.

Those who don't like it can talk politics almost anywhere else.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    It's only because Hillary won't be able to fix it next year!!! image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    Go smoewhere else if you want to wag the dog
  • Options

<< <i>What this place needs is a good Open Forum. image >>

I'll second that.

Both my racing forums and bicycle forum have political sections. It's only natural people have more interest than one, and it's nice to talk with people you're used to BSin' with.

In our bike forum you have to agree that your feelings can and will get hurt before you enter.

Bike Forums Message
    Terms of use for the this forum:

1: No personal attacks.
    2: What is said in this forum stays in this forum.
    3: Even if you disagree with another user, please be respectful of others views.
    4. In this forum your opinions may be challenged. If you cannot handle this, please do not enter."

Note: This forum requires cookies for access!

Do you accept the above terms? (yes/no):

There's only One
  • Options
    dac076dac076 Posts: 817
    The only reason I'm here is because I got banned for talking about coins on a politics forum! image
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    There are plenty of political forums if you wish to opine
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374

<< <i>It's only because Hillary won't be able to fix it next year!!! image >>

Marty you Devil....image....you slipped that one right in.....!!!!
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The only reason I'm here is because I got banned for talking about coins on a politics forum! image >>

Free Happy Meal Award
  • Options
    500Bay500Bay Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭
    Maybe if we just ask who will/should be on the presidential dollar after George W would make it OK? image
    Finem Respice
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's a COIN forum! >>

with voters!!image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file