Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Raw & Certified Rainbow Toned Coins On Sale Now

All of my Ebay store inventory is on sale now. I've also got some real nice toned coins available for auction, most with a $0.99 starting bid. I'll be adding many more this week as well. I've also updated my Chameleon Coins website with many new coins found exclusively there. If you purchase anything from my Chameleon Coins website I will ship them for free if you let me know that you found the site through this coin forum. Check out my inventory, and if you appreciate beautifully toned coins you will be quite pleased. Thanks.

Martin

Ebay Store
Chameleon Coins Website

Here are just a few examples of what I currently have for sale.
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
Take a look at all the colorful coins at Chameleon Coins

Comments

• BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    I like and can vouch for the Washington Quarter. The coin was this colorful when I sold it to him.

Original toning by ME.

• Thanks Boom for the voucher. That quarter looks like it's too good to be true, but it's true. I love that coin.

• TTT
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    I'll be checking out your Lincolns Marty !!
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • I've got some awesome rainbow toned Lincoln pennies. I'll try and get a few of them listed by tomorrow.
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    For the record, regarding the colors of this Washington Quarter that I say was toned by ME
    - this is exactly what transpired.

I introduced someone to the hobby this the past year. Not wanting to see this person get
    burned I advised to be very careful - to check for sellers' longevity and feeback %.
    I also said to stick with certified coins.

The individual fell for one of these PCGS "look-alikes", designed specifically to fool novices &
    that's exactly what it did - fooled this person that is totally new to all this. Feeling badly for
    this newbie, I bought the coin, cracked it out and set it aside. At this point the coin was WHITE!

Almost immediately upon cracking this White coin out, setting it aside on a clean Beach Towel
    atop a tray on my side-desk, doing absolutely NOTHING to the coin, it began to turn RED! It is
    very unique, indeed! In hindsight I now wish I had kept it and submitted it myself because no
    matter the circumstances, it made it past grading and is actually very lustrous and quite beautiful.

I have never seen a coin react to AIR the way this gorgeous White coin did, so quickly!
    Red turned to Blue & then to Green. Over the span of just a few short weeks, doing nothing
    more than simply cracking it out, this piece that was White as any coin I've ever seen, with no
    detectable signs of having been tampered with, reacted to AIR, finally settling in as the vivid
    colors now seen. I auctioned the piece RAW, described and photographed it to the best of my
    ability.

The rest is History! I have been around coins for more years than I care to admit. I've taken
    the ANA courses, including Detceting Altered & Counterfeit US Coins and have NO IDEA what
    agent the original seller used to make it turn the vivid colors of Green Red, Yellow and Blue.

The buyer, as is the case with all buyers, was extended a Money Back Guarantee. He immediately
    fell in Love with the coin, had it graded and it now is exactly as shown. It's a very vivid color combination and made it through grading. As for ME "doing" anything to it other than declared here,
    nothing took place.

This IS the History of this coin as I know to be True. It is the colors shown. How it got this way,
    I have NO IDEA!

Regards,
    BOOM
  • Thanks for clarifying. That is pretty interesting how some coins tone. I bought a white Mercury dime once and it was removed from an original roll right in front of me. I put it in a plastic holder, took it home, and removed it for viewing. I set it on a shelf, and 3 days later it had a beautifully toned obverse. I couldn't believe it. I had always thought it took years for a coin to tone, but that is not always the case.
  • TTTimage
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brings back memoriesimage
  • TTTimage
  • bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Interesting story on both the quarter and the dime.Hope you are not competing with teletrade this week.Good luck on your sales.image
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!