Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Need TPGS Pictures

I redesigned and updated my TPGS guide on my website, and I need pictures of TPGS. I have over 76 grading services listed, and most with pictures. I have a list of many more, but would rather post them with pictures.

If anyone has pictures send me a PM or post them on this thread. Thanks

TPGS Guide

Comments

• Options
    I will just bump this once tonight. I would appreciate any lower tier TPGS pictures. Thanks!
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    seatedcoinsseatedcoins Posts: 1,096
    Interesting accumulation.
    Trustworthy BST sellers: cucamongacoin
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I have an old slab at home Can't remember the service but it's not listed on your site. I'll try to get a picture tonight and forward it.

Very cool list of slabs/companies
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting, thanks for posting!
  • Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    nice job on the website! Thanks for the heads up.

Bob
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>I have an old slab at home Can't remember the service but it's not listed on your site. I'll try to get a picture tonight and forward it.

Very cool list of slabs/companies >>

I would appreciate it.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT to help this worthwhile project.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭
    What, no PCI?
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Options
    Here are two PCI images for you...

• Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Only one holder per company?!
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Only one holder per company?! >>

There's only one holder per company on the index page but the individual TPG pages have more.

Here are some:

ANACS
    NGC
    PCGS

Nice set. There are some interesting slabs like the MCCS one.

Although there is a warning about self-slabbers on some of the individual pages, they are co-mingled on the TPGS index page, which may help legitimize them.

Some services that aren't there yet:

CGS - nice holders from across the pond
    ICCS - one of the eBay approved grading services

GEC - similar looking slabs to CSI
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting... thanks, Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭

Why does the "Coin Grading Photo Guides" not work?

Nice website by the way.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ICCS - one of the eBay approved grading services >>

I don't think this is true. I know a seller who had ICCS coins removed because he put ICCS in the eBay title.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>ICCS - one of the eBay approved grading services >>

I don't think this is true. I know a seller who had ICCS coins removed because he put ICCS in the eBay title. >>

I'm not a collector of Canadian coins, but I believe ICCS is considered the premier grader of these.

• Options

<< <i>Why does the "Coin Grading Photo Guides" not work?

Nice website by the way. >>

Which page are they not working? I checked and they opened for me
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Here is a MEGS holder.

Never could find out where they are/were, these are tough slabs and they were horrible from discerning Cleaned from luster and could not tell a counterfeit as this one is from cat poop.

• Options
    What does MEGS stand for? Thanks for the photo.
  • Options
    I still need pictures and information.

TPGS Guide
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Why does the "Coin Grading Photo Guides" not work?

Nice website by the way. >>

Which page are they not working? I checked and they opened for me >>

On the page that opened when I clicked your link (http://coinauctionshelp.com/page16.html). In the box that says "Coin Grading Photo Guides - Compare your graded coins to our grading guide's photographs". It doesn't work on either my PC at work or my Mac at home.

• Options
    Does anyone have a picture of ANAAB?
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got one of these? I can get a better picture if you do not.

WS

Text INS slab
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an IGS slab for you.

FYI, for you VAMmers- the coin it contained was a VAM-1'O' which graded MS-62 when I cracked it out and submitted it to ANACS...

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options

<< <i>Here's an IGS slab for you.

FYI, for you VAMmers- the coin it contained was a VAM-1'O' which graded MS-62 when I cracked it out and submitted it to ANACS... >>

Is IGS Internation Grading Service?

Thanks for the pictures everyone!
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have posted this before, my "old" PCI holder.

Ray
  • Options

<< <i>I have posted this before, my "old" PCI holder.

Ray >>

Thanks. I didn't know they had holders that looked like this. Keep them coming! I have posted most of the services given here on my website.

TPGS website
  • Options
    I thank everyone for posting information and pictures on TPGS for my website. I want this site to be the most informative and largest of it's kind. I need to do this so it reaches the masses. The people who don't know what we know, and keep them from getting slammed when buying slabbed coins.

I learned the hard way, and decided to do something about it. I'm not bragging, just stating the facts. So if anyone here can give me more pictures an info, please post them or send a PM.

This will be the last time I bump this thread, but this site is important to new collectors. We might not have any answer for the fake and third rate TPGS slabbers, but this is one way of helping a few. Thanks again.
  • Options
    Heres another. AACGS

• Options
    Thanks, that's an interesting holder.
  • Options
    I know have over 81 TPGS pictures on my website, and I appreciate all the help from members here. I do have a few that I don't know their name, and if anyone can tell me what the name of the trash graders are then post it here or send a PM.

I'm sorry that I keep posting posts and threads like this, but this has been such a helpful message board that I rely on all of you.

No-Name TPGS
  • Options
    There are two self-slabbers missing from your list. I'll post pics of them later;

QVC (Quasar Valuation Company)

SNGA (Southern Numismatic Grading Authority)

I had quite a few images before the computer where they were stored lost 2 years worth of my pics. I'll see what else I can get.

• Options
    I have been collecting TPGS pictures for years also and my hard drive went out and I lost 7 years of pictures. I will be looking forward to yours.
  • Options
    Here are some self-slabs from SNGA "Southern Numismatic Grading Authority". These are sold by ebay seller blue-creek-coins. He's located in
    Calera, Alabama. He presents himself as "an authorized SNGA dealer" while he sells "prepaid submission forms" for SNGA and uses auctions to attack PCGS and NGC. He currently has an auction titled "NGC GROSSLY OVER-GRADES 1887 MORGAN DOLLAR, SCREW-UP PLACES MINT STATE GRADE ON EXTRA FINE COIN". When SNGA had a website, they gave their address as Montevallo, Alabama.

SNGA's motto is "Watch For The Sun". The "sun" is what he hand paints over the Coin World logo, just before he places a harshly cleaned and/or heinously over-graded coin in a snap together slab and sells it as "investment grade" (refer to the pencil lead colored "DMPL" Morgan below). The earlier slabs have a yellow sun covering the Coin World logo. The current slab, as seen with this hairlined 1934-D Peace Dollar, features a blue sun. My compliments to the skilled artisan who painted it. This is not a coin holder, it's a Rembrandt. Turnaround times are subject to the availability of blue nail polish. Alright, those jokes were recycled.

I like the way someone described SNGA in another thread... "Oh, that's TOO funny--if you set out to make a parody of the do-it-yourself grading company, the parody would look just like the real thing..."

• Options
    wow never thought there were so many ................image
  • Options
    Thanks for the pictures and the info. This guy is pretty sad, just like the rest.
  • Options

<< <i>Very interesting, thanks for posting! >>

I agree but when i post things like "interesting" or "thanks for posting" i get flamed...so i'm going to quote others when they do from now on.

Interesting...thanks for posting!
    -Rome is Burning

• Options
    Here's another one, NAS. Their website is still operational.

• Options
    Here's another one you are missing. Self-Slabber HCGS (Hallmark Coin Grading Service). NOT to be confused with the Q. David Bower's owned Hallmark (1987-1991). I had these pics filed under "bogus hallmark".

• Options
    Another cleaned AU trotted out as MS68 by GEC (Grade Evaluation Company).

• Options
    From the 1980's. American Rare Coins And Collectibles (ARC).

• Options
    Thanks a million for the new pictures! I'm pushing 90 different grading slabs. Inlcuding the no-name slabs that I can't identify on my no-name graders page.
  • Options
    New Third Party Grading Service forum. It's free to join and welcomes any new TPGS pictures.

TPGS Forum

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file