Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

66 Topps & Pro Card

This is an update on a post that I first posted about 6 weeks ago. In the post I stated that I was putting together a graded 66 Topps set. I had purchased a Willie Mays carded graded a 7 by PRO. I asked for any advise that anyone had on how to take the card out of the PRO holder or if anyone had ever done this and sent PRO graded cards to PSA. I was warned that if I tried to take the card out of the holder I would probably hurt myself and find out that the card is trimmed. Well you were all right. I cut two fingers and when I got the card out of the PRO holder, I was not surprised to find that it had obviously been trimmed. I guess I had to learn for myself. No more PRO cards for me. Thanks for all your advice. I have learned so much since I joined this board.
1974 Topps & 1966 Topps & 1970-1983 Kellogg's

Comments

• Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    I recommend Neosporin and a band-aid.
  • Options
    Thanks Vargha, I am just about all healed up now.
    1974 Topps & 1966 Topps & 1970-1983 Kellogg's
  • Options
    Whoever sent the card in the first time obviously didn't do a very good job trimming it, as it only received a 7. As long as there is still some white border remaining, you can trim off all that unappealing corner wear and send it back for re-grading. A 9 is a real possibility as long as you haven't bled profusely on the card. If you did, then expect no better than an 8.
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    ...And if you did bleed on the card then bleach it. Now you got a PRO 10!

Todd,

Your movin' up quick on the 1974 Topps Baseball set. Nice Job.

Carlos