Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Wow, Check Out What "The Mick" Sold For...

gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, not the Mick you were probably thinking of. I'm talking about the great Mickey Stanley. He nearly outpaced his HOF namesake

1967 PSA 9 Mickey Stanley

1967 PSA 9 Mickey Mantle

Another great result for Dan (Dude). He also did very well on the PSA 9 Wills and Red Sox Team Card. Congrats to him!

Comments

• bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Strong prices for strong cards.

Dan Markel's 1967 set is uniformly of very high quality, perhaps the best I have ever seen.

Larry
    Capecards
  • ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Cool to see another set in HIGH HIGH DEMAND. Good for you Dude! Are you going to be building another set soon?

As for the Mantle bidding---does it look suspicious to anyone else, or did someone overpay about a grand?image
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.

• << <i>Cool to see another set in HIGH HIGH DEMAND. Good for you Dude! Are you going to be building another set soon?

As for the Mantle bidding---does it look suspicious to anyone else, or did someone overpay about a grand?image >>

I guess his economic stimulous money was burning a hole in his pocket.
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Dan certainly had a good ebayer winning that auction.

Congrats to both of them!

Steve

Good for you.
  • bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    You think that's a lot, check out what this Mantle went for a couple days ago:

3K Mantle
    Capecards
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    must b nice...

i could never justify paying same for common v mantle card.

psa loves this however.

j
    RIP GURU
  • ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for not being clear--It looked like a schill bid to me--no?
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.