Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PUJOLS autograph experts - what are your thoughts on this?

Without giving any background info on this card, what are your thoughts?

Shane

Comments

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the sig on that Fleer rookie card that gets forged all the time...so I'd guess fake...though I'm no expert.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like the sig on that Fleer rookie card that gets forged all the time...so I'd guess fake...though I'm no expert. >>

This is the one you are referring to. This looks nothing like mine.

This one is the real deal. Now compare it to mine.

Shane

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    FAKE. I think you just now signed it to trick us. Seems too straight and square, I don't like the little squiggle before the S and the S looks like it was drawn slow and ther is a pause at the end.

I am by no means and expert on Pujols graphs and I would not be surprised if you showed a picture of him signing it. Just my 2 cents since you asked.
  • Options

I say Fake as well..I think allen read my mind doesn't flow very well and looks like the pen stopped a few times...
  • Options
    No, I didn't sign this. I agree with the squiggles. That does bother me a little.

The reason I was asking is because (besides the squiggles), I feel like that is very close to the way Pujols makes every letter. I think it's almost dead on (again, except for the squiggles).

I have an authentic signed 2002 Cardinals team baseball, and the Pujols signature on it looks very much like the above card. The "A" is more pointed instead of rounded, but "Pujols" is dead on (except for, you know). I will try to get a pic of my signed baseball.

Shane

• Options
    Here is a couple of picture of my baseball. Look at "Pujols" in both versus the above card.

Shane

• Options
    I just looked at it again it bright light. There is absolutely no "stop and start" points. The only place that I see that is shaky is the "L". The rest is as smooth as any. Please don't mistaken me as just wanting to argue. I'm just trying to get as many opinions as I can from you guys because I value your opinion.

Shane

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    It seems exceptionally atypical for Pujols to sign his name so large on a standard size card. Despite any underlying signature consistency (or lack thereof), that relative size thing bothers me more than anything else.

M
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    The down stroke on the S is slow and wavy. That should be the most fluid drop in the auto. Looks like the pen was dragged rather than glided over the surface. I agree about the size of the signature being large.
  • Options
    I think it looks good. His sig does vary with how he does the A and P. I guess he signed decent this year at spring training and even was sweet spotting balls at the Cards autograph event in Florida.
  • Options
    Looks to be a very well done fake
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    Shane, i think its real....the last S looks real good....

about the fleer 2001 legacy auto....many more have been selling on ebay the last few weeks, there is no slowing down on them...you would think that someone who is gonna drop $300 on a card would do some research..thos fakes should not go for more than 20 bucks!
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    current auction

How about this one?

thanks

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    swartz, I think its fake
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    fake --
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    thanks - been keeping a look out for these...

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    So this one is real?

current auction

- uncut

• Options
    Swartz, That auto looks real, but what bothers me about that card is the stamping on the card looks like its a sticker, and all the other cards I have seen look like its been stamped on the card.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Shane,

That Pujols sig is a forgery.
  • Options

<< <i>current auction

How about this one?

thanks >>

That one is a forgery.
  • Options

<< <i>So this one is real?

current auction >>

No... yet another forgery..