Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Where can I find unused ticket stubs?

Frank hit his 11th Grand Slam today, I'd like to find an unused ticket stub. Is there a resource for this other than eBay?
Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com

Comments

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>unused ticket stub >>

Don't mean to be contrary but that's kind of an oxymoron.

Since by definition a stub is used.

Finding a full ununused ticket from the game? It would take someone with season tickets or the ball park to release them for sale.

I think it's been done in the past when something great has gone on in a game that wasn't sold out I believe.

You could consider contacting the ball park where he played and ask if they would sell you a printed ticket from the game - make sure they give you one with an assigned seat.

Now - the ticket stubs will probably come up - but I like the idea of the full ticket better.

mike
    Mike
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I agree that it is an oxymoron, and I'm sure it is completely incorrect. On eBay however, most sellers title their listings as an "unused ticket stub" so it will get the most hits, satisfying both "unused ticket" and "ticket stub." Just a force of habbit I guess.

Thanks for the heads up on contacting the ball park. Great idea.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of unused:

Steve
    Good for you.
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    Back when Ripken was playing, I often had success with the Bluejays by personally writing a sincere letter to the ticket manager at the ballpark & requesting an unused ticket (offering to pay). Within a week or so, I had my ticket from them...If you need the name of the contact person there, PM me.
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭
    I was big into full tickets a few years back. You will probably find some on ebay. Good chance they will be season ticket holders that didn't make it to the game. I remember when Sosa was caught with a corked bat, there were plenty of tickets on ebay.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
    They do make their way to the bay, but they can get highly competitive.

I was lucky to get a Thomas 500th HR ticket graded PSA 8 for $30 delivered.
  • Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    I'm not sure how Toronto does it, but at Fenway they just scan your ticket so it stays whole. No more stubs. I'd be interested in hearing how other parks do it.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.

• << <i>I'm not sure how Toronto does it, but at Fenway they just scan your ticket so it stays whole. No more stubs. I'd be interested in hearing how other parks do it. >>

Toronto does the same. I think most parks do now.
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    I think most parks scan tickets now, or at least I hope they do...I wish St. Louis did it for the 2004 World Series. I've put together a set of all 4 games...2 full tickets from Fenway, 2 stubs from St. Louis...
  • stubs and more stubs ... MARIO LEMIEUEX, Cal Ripkin minor league, Carl Yaz triple crown season, Rangers Stanley Cup ...

[URL=http://imageshack.us]image[/URL]
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    Camden Yards scans theirs...
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    I was actually at the game on Sunday when he hit his grand slam...I have my ticket it's yours if you want it. It isn't one of the fancy season tickets just a regular tickmaster ticket. If you do want it just PM me your address and I'll mail it to you. (and yes it is whole they just scan it)

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>I was actually at the game on Sunday when he hit his grand slam...I have my ticket it's yours if you want it. It isn't one of the fancy season tickets just a regular tickmaster ticket. If you do want it just PM me your address and I'll mail it to you. (and yes it is whole they just scan it)

mathew >>

Way to step up to the plate man. I'm sure he'll jump all over this offer.
    That's a wonderful gesture! Thank you so much, PM sent.
    Just wanted to give some credit where credit's due.

The top ticket was Mathew's (artistlost) personal ticket to the game that he very generously sent to me along w/ two OPC Thomas cards.

The bottom ticket is one I received from the Blue Jays organization, after writing the VP of ticket sales a handwritten letter, as suggested by Bill (Ironmanfan) who also provided the address to me.

Special thanks go to both gentlemen for helping me fulfill my quest!