Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

New camera I am getting

Well it was time to upgrade from my Nikon coolpix 4300 4 mp camera to something newer. I have been researching cameras in this category
for sometime now. My wife has a canon A560 7.1mp and I liked the features on it. I've always liked Canon cameras my first film SLR was a
Canon AE-1 program which I loved. My old Nikon that I used to photograph many of the coin pics I've posted here was a used ebay special
so now I need to relearn taking coin shot all over again. What I'd really like to have I can't afford but that's life ya know. It's either coins
or cameras so I have to strike a balance between the two.

Canon A590 IS

Also I have been on a copy stand/Tripod kick as if late trying different methods. I found something very helpful that I have been using in
concert with the table top copy stand I purchased. The copy stand I bought can only extend 12" at its max height which was a problem
for larger coins or a group such as a Maundy set or cased proof sets so I purchased this handy extender to use on my tripod to convert
it to a copy stand. It is made by Vanguard and it's model number VS-91 it can be purchased at Newegg for $19.95 it can either clamp on
to the camera mount of the tripod which I have it in the photo I posted or to the neck of the adjustable post below the camera mount. I find it being
clamped to the adjustable post much better than clamping it to the camera mount. The VS-91 is telescoping and can be turned a full 360
degrees with a nice camera mount on the end. Anyway here is the link to the VS-91 and my images of it:

Vangaurd VS-91

When my camera arrives I'll post my learning images!
Cheers,
Micheál

Comments