Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1968 Topps Test Issue for Basketball

Does anyone have a pick they can show of what this paticuliar issue looked like??

Thanks,

Comments

• packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
  • Looking for in PSA graded
    1. 75-76 Topps Keith/Jamaal Wilkes in Psa 8+
    2. 1971-72 Trio stickers PSA 8+
    3. BSKB 1977-78 topps psa 10

Basketball Autos
    1992 Courtside Flashback
    Action Packed HOF Autos(need elvin hayes,both bill bradley,and the 1st bill walton)
    2001 and 2005 Greats of the Game
    UD=retro,epic,legends,legendary,generations and chronology
    2006 Topps Style 1952 Fan Favorites Autos #/10 (Refractor Autos)
    Press Pass Legends
  • That Test set is by far the toughest set to put together in Basketball collecting. Topps Test Images
  • that set is super cool.
    i had no idea it existed.
  • My dream card!!!

Anybody happen to have a large photo of the Elgin Baylor?
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Big O is a nice looking card too.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    That set is amazing. I remember being awed by it when I was about 16, in the 90's it was so rare, I think only a few cards showed up.

Then a bunch were found by Sportscards Plus? by a former Topps employee. The first time I saw the wilt and russell was 2001 or 02. There's been some other lots sporadically.

Here's the Elgin Baylor.

And some other pics..

• Thank you very much for that pic!

Is that Baylor yours by any chance? If so, please PM me.
  • TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    No, none of them are mine. The cards are so rare, I've saved some of the scans I've come across.

There's also a wrapper that's sold for a lot of money of the set, like $500 or $1,000, or it use to be worth that much. Havent followed it recently.
  • jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Supposedly this was the wrapper Topps designed for this set, I have one card from this set, a psa 7 of Jim King.

Duncan, love the Hondo, totally jealous, John

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• << <i>Supposedly this was the wrapper Topps designed for this set, I have one card from this set, a psa 7 of Jim King.

Duncan, love the Hondo, totally jealous, John

image >>

Yes, this is the wrapper I saw selling on ebay a few years back, I think for $800 or something around that, can't remember exactly but could be more. Is this yours?

Nice grade for your King! I would take a Baylor in any grade, but its always nice to have a high grade of course. Do you have a scan of your card?

Thanks for sharing that wrapper scan, I haven't seen it in years and didn't save the photo back then.
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really ripped off 1960 Leaf huh?
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.