Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

And I Thought I Knew "Everything" About Jerry Rice...

... and I thought I knew everything there was to know about Jerry Rice. I'm sure someone else knew that Jerry was selected by Birmingham Stallions in 1st round (1st pick overall) of 1985 USFL Draft, but that is news to me. How awesome would it be if he had a 1985 Topps USFL rookie card? But I guess he made the right decision going to the NFL.

/s/ JackWESQ

Comments

• Options
    Another interesting fact:
    The Dallas Cowboys were going to draft him but the 49ers traded up and got him....Dallas had the next pick. Yet, another reason to hate the 49ers. image
    What's up with your avitar.
  • Options
    One of... if not THE... greatest trade-up in the history of the NFL! Way to go niners!
    Jim G
    All-time favorite athletes:
    Steve Sax, Steve Garvey, Larry Bird, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Andre Agassi, Karch Kiraly, Wayne Gretzky, Ichiro Suzuki, Andres Galarraga, Greg Maddux.
    "Make the world a better place... punch both A-Rods in the face (Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick)!"
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    A few years later, the Cowboys benefitted when they traded up to secure Emmitt Smith. I can't remember who they jumped to get him, though?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never knew that either, very interesting.
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Another interesting fact:
    The Dallas Cowboys were going to draft him but the 49ers traded up and got him....Dallas had the next pick. Yet, another reason to hate the 49ers. >>

I think you mean another reason to LOVE the niners image

P.S. Yes I'm still bitter about Drew Pearson pushing off...

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Actually, as fate would have it, biggest loosers in both those drafts seems to have been the NY Jets.

In 1985, the Jets picked Al Toon over Jerry Rice when shopping for a WR.
    In 1990, the Jets picked Blair Thomas over Emmit Smith when shopping for a RB.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Actually, as fate would have it, biggest loosers in both those drafts seems to have been the NY Jets.

In 1985, the Jets picked Al Toon over Jerry Rice when shopping for a WR.
    In 1990, the Jets picked Blair Thomas over Emmit Smith when shopping for a RB. >>

Ugly stuff right there!