Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

"Diminished Capacity" movie about a T206 Wagner and Mr. Mint

Matthew Broderick and Alan Alda are in this new movie. Sound pretty cool and they are gonna bash Mr. Mint haha.

YouTube video with an extra from the film

Comments

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Pretty cool

just watched the whole video
  • Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    Diminished Capacity. Hmmm.... sounds like the reason for the high turnaround times. imageimage
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I'm at Sundance right now and seeing the film at 6:15 at the Eccles Theatre...if any of you are in town. If anyone's interested, I'll post a review tonight (I have a movie after it too - have seen 16 films in 4 days so far).
  • Options
    Yea...I'm interested.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Heck yeah post a review. It is a straight to DVD release.
  • Options
    John Bistis seems like he is on something in the interview. His eyes are doing funny things throughout it, very noticable at the beginning.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    From what I know - it's available to be picked up for distribution. Sundance is probably a good place for it to sell. I'll get the whole scoop when I'm there and let you know later. Just FYI: other movies I would recommend that I've seen were:

The Wackness (Great slice of life from 94 about a young drug dealer and his crazy psychiatrist)
    Bottle Shock (Cool movie about how Napa Valley became a wine hotspot internationally in the 70's)
    I.O.U.S.A. (doc about National Debt - Inconvenient Truth-like in tone)
    Made in America (doc by Stacy Peralta - who did Dogtown and the Z Boys - very well done about Bloods/Crips)

Ok, have to leave for movie. Anxious to see it.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    +1 for The Hot Spot reference
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    John is actually a customer who is a regular in my shop. He showed me some of hte picturs from the filming and he got some pretty cool autograph items from the actors...
    www.sportsnutcards.com
    Specializing in Certified Autograph Cards, Rookies, Rare Inserts and other quality modern cards! Over 8000 Cards in stock now! Come visit our physical store located at 1210 Main St. Belmar ,NJ
  • Options
    Saw the movie. Alan Alda was very good. It's not about a T206 Wagner. The card is, i believe, a fictitious T206 Cubs player. They showed the Piedmont back. It was funny to hear a "dealer" describe the process of grading to the uninitiated. Should inspire nostalgia amongst those who have been through the wars. I didn't think the Rosen character was doing Mr. Mint himself, I feel like the writer/actor came up with something new that was somewhat inspired by Rosen. All in all, should inspire some nostalgia for those collectors who like movies - and come on, how many movies deal directly w/ T206's?

The whole cast - Broderick/Alda/Madsen/Louis C.K. were in the audience supporting the film. Should have snapped off some pics on my phone but didn't think of it until I was writing this.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    How was Stacy Peralta's movie? Was it done in the same format as Dogtown and the Zboyz?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

<< <i>How was Stacy Peralta's movie? Was it done in the same format as Dogtown and the Zboyz? >>

It was extremely well done. He got access to a ton of real people. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Like Z Boys, it does a great job of giving you the whole background so you understand how everything came to be the way it is. All good documentaries inform AND entertain - this one did both. Can't wait to see his next one.
  • Options
    jrinckjrinck Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    I didn't like this movie at all. Good actors--horrible script.

And the way they grabbed, pulled, tossed, shoved, and crammed that card, there would have been no way in heck it would have stayed mint for very long.

Then there was the comical part where they tried to duplicate the card--they got the front OK, but didn't seem to care too much about the back.

And I didn't see much correlation to Mr. Mint, perhaps in name only. If he's PO'd about this movie, then he just wants attention.

Anyway, watch it if it's free, but for god's sake, don't pay to see it.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    The card IS a real (reprint) t206 of Charles "Wildfire" Schulte
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Nice movie! I will probaly try to buy it