Home U.S. Coin Forum

Strange Ebay Spam from Seller

I been buying/selling on ebay for about 3 years now and have received all sorts of spam. This is a new one for me. I received a Thank You from a seller I made a purchase from and included at the end of his letter was the following. Has anyone else heard of this scam?

Fellow Ebayer,
UPDATE
I don't know if you are aware but there are eBay affiliate sites that eBay pays to refer bidders to the site. I don't usually sign up for programs like this (actually I never have in the past) but I found one of these eBay affiliates that charges me nothing and pays me 36% of whatever the seller's fees are for every auction I win on eBay. Every month, they send me a Paypal for whatever they owe me.

If you were to use it yourself to buy on eBay, you can save too, but more importantly if you refer any of your customers you can get paid 4% on all of their buys. I know one coin dealer who has referred over 6000 customers and other eBayers to the program.

Just in the past 3 months since I joined, I got back over $600 just from my own purchases on eBay. Also, I have referred 49 people and gotten back over $231 on their purchases.

Here is a link to the site if you want to take a look. Just so you know if you join the site I would get credit for it and if you don't use my link they say they will randomly give someone else credit. This is the same kind of link you would send to your customers that would credit them for their joining.

http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/frontpage.jsp?r=olduscoins

Regards,
Crazy old man from Missouri

Comments

• ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Hijacked account maybe?
    Todd
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Never seen that one......
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08

• << <i>Hijacked account maybe?
    Todd >>

Don't think so. Long time, 10+ years, powerscrewer with very high/good feedback score. Account has had active ongoing sales.
    Crazy old man from Missouri
  • That is interesting. It is also very tempting to click, I think maybe googling somehow to figure out what what you can find out may be the way to go. Obviously, I wouldn't click the link. I don't know how a company could pay out 40% of ebays fees even if they are just getting some type of leads to resell. I have not seen that myself either, maybe you could contact the seller and ask them if they are aware and what it is about by responding through ebays system?

Edited to change buyer to seller....
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Report it to eBay... I got one once that started 'Nice coin.' and then went into some pitch about refinancing my house!
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭
    This is actually legit. You can see how it works here. . It's pretty nice considering how many people here buy on ebay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file