Home Sports Talk
Options

"We're like some high-paid [edited] anyway in this league,"

stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
Boo-freakin-hoo, cry me a $9mm/year river.

Link

Heat’s Williams feels like ‘high-paid prostitute’

Miami guard reportedly not happy with being mentioned in trade rumors
MSNBC News Services

updated 12:56 p.m. CT, Thurs., Dec. 27, 2007

Miami Heat guard Jason Williams has been mentioned in trade rumors recently, and he's not happy about it, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported.

Williams said he feels more like a piece of property than a player, the newspaper reported.

"We're like some high-paid prostitutes anyway in this league," he said, the Sun-Sentinel reported. "They just use and get rid of us whenever they want."

Williams, who is in the final year of his contract and will earn $8.9 million this season, said he was most upset with how the rumors affect his family, the newspaper reported. But although he tried to accept that he might be dealt, he was not happy with being blamed for the Heat's woeful season, the Sun-Sentinel reported.

"Losing, everybody's just going to start to look for reasons why," Williams said, the newspaper reported. "Blame this, blame that, blame him, blame me."

The Heat lost 96-85 to the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday, falling to 8-21 for the season.

© 2007 MSNBC Interactive
So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a Clown
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all athletes, overall, pro BB players have got to be the most irritating and juvenile by far.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love "White Chocolate" and the pearls of wisdom that he bestows upon the masses.

He is right up there, intelligence wise, with other bards of the hardwood. For example, Darryl Dawkins (aka Chocolate Thunder from the planet Lovetron). Jason Williams should expand his horizons and suggest to Vanilla Ice that they have their own reality TV show called MWG ("Milky White Gangstas").
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    If playing a game for a living and getting $8.9 million a year to do it feels like prostitution, then I need to get me a pimp!
  • Options
    Bottom line he is a spoiled brat
  • Options

<< <i>Of all athletes, overall, pro BB players have got to be the most irritating and juvenile by far. >>

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    prostitutes are more popular than the NBA these days, so he's overestimating himself
  • Options
    <---willing to prostitute myself(+ endorsements) for 8.9 million and shoot less than 50% image
    I do have a killer 3 point shot image Of course, it has to be off a playground backboard....
  • Options
    For 9 million dollars I'd spend a night with Rosie O'Donnell...and I'm almost not kidding.
  • Options

<< <i>For 9 million dollars I'd spend a night with Rosie O'Donnell...and I'm almost not kidding. >>

I would actually marry her for that. No prenup though...
  • Options

<< <i>For 9 million dollars I'd spend a night with Rosie O'Donnell...and I'm almost not kidding. >>

...and for an extra mil if she asked I'd even image her.
  • Options

<< <i>

I would actually marry her for that. No prenup though... >>

And break the hearts of Perkdogs Perkies? image
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

For 9 Million, I would do things to Rosie that she couldn't even imagine. Seriously that's like 180 years of work at a real job. I can't imagine any woman on the planet that I wouldn't completely violate for that kind of money.

One thing I have to say though is I wish that teams would put a little more effort into retaining payers from year to year. I can understand a little bit what Jason Williams is saying. From a fan's point of view, it's really hard to root for a favorite player and then he gets traded the next year. That's why guys like Cal Ripken, Kirby Puckett, Brett Favre, etc... have such a huge following.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    For 9 million dollars I'd spend a night with Rosie O'Donnell...and I'm almost not kidding.

Shoot, for 9 million I'd even sleep with Rosie's mother.
  • Options
    For 9 million dollars I'd spend a night with Rosie O'Donnell...and I'm almost not kidding

Not that it matters but the $9mm is to sleep with Rosie every night not just one night - are you still game?
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi