Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

$10,000 question

I am probably going with the coin.

The bank that has the CD has pissed me off. I have gone in circles for 5 minutes pressing buttons, and they won't let me press "0" for operator.

It is time to pull my funds out of this bank and buy myself a nice coin.

Comments

• Options
    Is this 10k from my savings? Or 10k that I found in a paper bag on the curb?
  • Options

<< <i>Is this 10k from my savings? Or 10k that I found in a paper bag on the curb? >>

It is from your savings.
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    Put it in the 5% CD and use the $500 to buy a nice coin. And then do it again!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Is this 10k from my savings? Or 10k that I found in a paper bag on the curb? >>

It is from your savings. >>

Well thats easy...its still in my savings, isnt it?...LOL
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Well thats easy...its still in my savings, isnt it?...LOL >>

Let me clarify to the $10,000 consists of accumulated gifts from previous years that were put into savings.
  • Options
    Neither- I am more into the risk of the stock market. I think 5% is not worth it and coins may or may not make my retirement. That being said, I would put $4000 in a Roth IRA (depending on YOUR age) invested in a broad large or mid cap fund and the rest I would find a good no load diverse mutual fund to invest in.

Perry
    TheZooKrew
    Morgan, modern sets, circulated Kennedys, and Wisconsin error leaf quarter Collector
    First (and only - so far) Official "You Suck" Award from Russ 2/9/07
  • Options

<< <i>Neither- I am more into the risk of the stock market. I think 5% is not worth it and coins may or may not make my retirement. That being said, I would put $4000 in a Roth IRA (depending on YOUR age) invested in a broad large or mid cap fund and the rest I would find a good no load diverse mutual fund to invest in.

Perry[/q

Hmm.

Those were the only two choices. I have enough in the stock market.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Let me clarify to the $10,000 consists of accumulated gifts from previous years that were put into savings. >>

Now you are confusing me. If it is 10k that I didnt have yesterday, but got it today from an instant lotto ticket, or an inheritance from a dead grandparent, I spend it on a nice coin or 2. If its the 10k sitting in my bank account right now, I keep it there.
  • Options
    OK, then I would go for the coin(s). If I am set for the long term with a good diversified portfolio I would use the money for something I enjoyed!

Perry
    TheZooKrew
    Morgan, modern sets, circulated Kennedys, and Wisconsin error leaf quarter Collector
    First (and only - so far) Official "You Suck" Award from Russ 2/9/07
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Let me clarify to the $10,000 consists of accumulated gifts from previous years that were put into savings. >>

Now you are confusing me. If it is 10k that I didnt have yesterday, but got it today from an instant lotto ticket, or an inheritance from a dead grandparent, I spend it on a nice coin or 2. If its the 10k sitting in my bank account right now, I keep it there. >>

Well, it's $10,000 from "prosperous relatives" that you have managed to save. The CD Term matures next week, and you have a choice of either to renew the CD or spend on coins.
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    put 2000 in roth IRA

Put 2000 in regular IRA

Put 2000 in Coca Cola stock- Join DRIP and leave it there forever

Put 2000 in Wells Fargo Stock-Join DRIP and leave it there forever

Put 2000 into any coin you would like to have
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options

<< <i>put 2000 in roth IRA

Put 2000 in regular IRA

Put 2000 in Coca Cola stock- Join DRIP and leave it there forever

Put 2000 in Wells Fargo Stock-Join DRIP and leave it there forever

Put 2000 into any coin you would like to have >>

I don't have any real benefits to a regular IRA.

I don't like Wells Fargo. I find their customer service to be slow and inefficient.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file