Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Weekly Trip To My B&M Dealer.Results!!!VAMS

As usual,soon as i walk in I ask him,Anything new to show me?Of course he has,and he pulls out a roll of BU 1884-O Morgans.He knows I like Morgans and I could swear I saw him drooling.Anyway,I'm looking through this roll and pull out 3 pcs.with pitting dots all over Liberty's face.I remembered seeing this somewhere on Vamworld or Vam related site,so i purchased them.Just got home and checked out Vamworld and sure enough I think I picked up 3 Vam 4B's.Overlapped Reeding at 1 O'clock and 5 O'clock with the pitted face. 1-3,R7.Being fairly new to Morgan Vams I'm still not sure.1884-O's have a lot of overlapped varieties listed,is there any other with the 1 & 5 overlap and pitted face?Help would be appreciated.image

Comments

• Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good day!
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    Thanks,Very good day if they are what i think they are.image
  • Options
    John will you save some vams for the rest of usimageimage glad you are having fun that is what it is all about!
    steve

myCCset
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    DANG! Nice find!!!
  • Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    Nice. I have some 4As but no 4Bs so far. BTW, the fine pitting on the obverse dies for New Orleans dollars of that period is very common. I bet Leroy gets a lot of those sent to him that he won't list.
    Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    Thanks everyone,Glad you mentioned the fact that a lot of the O dollars of that period had pitted obverses,John,I was thinking everything with a pitted face on an 1884-O had some sort of overlapping,Guess i got lucky.And Steve, I will try to let a few of these Vams alone so you can find them.imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file