Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What is your "FAVORITE" seller expression in description?

One of the favorites I get a laugh out of every single time is:

"...........PSA ready!"

Now, does this mean they have it in the Card Saver for you or what? image

I know, there are many others, but this one just jiggles my funny bone!

My way of thinking is, isn't any card " PSA READY"? After all, just put
it in a card saver and there you go!

KalineFan

Comments

• Options
    I just got dinged on this one

Mint to near mint.... except for the vertical pen mark across the face.
  • Options
    I hate...'NICE' in the title of a raw card auction for some reason. Always in caps too, so it really "sells" you on it image
  • Options
    Should be mint!

Should be a 9.

An 8....sooooooo close to a 9.

A 7++++....should be an 8.

Where are the 8's that are really 4's, because of a wrinkle on the back? Where are the cards that have been cracked and resubmitted, they were 8's 6 months ago, and now they're a 10.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "WOW" or "LQQK" or smoething similar in the title.image

When I see an auction with one of those, I just skip right over it!!!

Steve
  • Options
    Nothing tops the guys who put "LOW POP" - usually followed by "one of 67" - in every one of their auctions.
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate...'NICE' in the title of a raw card auction for some reason. >>

"Nice" is usually about a PSA 5. "Real nice" is about a 4.

I also like "SGC92 = PSA 9!"
  • Options
    Corners so sharp they could cut your fingers!
    PSA ready cards! Why didn't they send them in?
    Attic find! Doesn't happen much any more!
    I don't know what I have here but I think it is rare and valuable! When there's a million of them listed on ebay!
    A complete set like this never shows up on ebay!! When there are 5 already listed.
    Vending quality cards when most look like they have been in spokes!

Those are my favorites!
    Paul
  • Options
    <<<"WOW" or "LQQK" or something similar in the title.
    When I see an auction with one of those, I just skip right over it!!!>>>>

Amen to that but don't forget "BLAZER!!!!"
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    High end for the grade (I"m waiting for "low end for the grade" or "overgraded". BMW is honest about this, as is Duncan on this board, but that's about all I've seen)
    low pop (yeah, you're the only jacknut to have a PSA 1 graded in this set)
    Belonged to my boyfriend/girlfriend/grandpa/german sheppard
    Cards found in an attic/bible/floorboard/rolltop desk

And for some reason if an auction description ends with "God Bless" more times than not it's a smokescreen for a scam.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Gotta love it when a seller list a card as PSA 8 and your ready to bid, click on the pic and oh....seller forgot to mention the qualifier.
    Collector of NFL HOF RC's & Brian Urlacher
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Pack Fresh!!
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    When a card's condition is described as "great" or "nice".
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    How about all these in the same auction...

----------------
    SATISFACTION GUARENTEED!!!!
    BID WITH CONFIDENCE!!!!

no returns on graded cards.
    ----------------
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    I forgot about "Vending find" or "From Vending." Who cares how the cards were originally packaged now that they're in slabs?
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    my least favorite is sellers who say a raw card is gem mint and will easily grade a psa 10. They even put "PSA/BGS 10?" in the auction title on the raw card and list it in the PSA catagory....

Then when I look at the sellers other items i see all these psa graded cards for auction but all of em are psa 8s and psa 9s and not one psa 10.

If that raw card would be a 10 like the seller says then I can bet my life on it that the seller would have had it graded since they have had all those other psa graded cards for sale...

I guess these sellers are hoping for someone that just fell off the turnip truck...

BTW I have ocean front property for sale in Indiana if anyone is intrested...

J/K image
  • Options
    I just listed a set on ebay using the very term just mentioned "pack fresh". Does this make me an idiot? I did pull every card in the past week from FRESH PACKS. Hmm.
  • Options
    How about these:
    1. I donot combine shipping or I combine shipping but does not tell how much of a discount you get.
    2. the title says Mickey Mantle PSA but doesn't give the number so you click on it and it is PSA 2 MK

Here is a gripe I have on buyers, seller states I ship only to USA or minimum 10 or more feedback and then with 5 seconds left the winner from the north pole with -1 rating bids and wins.
  • Options

<< <i>

Here is a gripe I have on buyers, seller states I ship only to USA or minimum 10 or more feedback and then with 5 seconds left the winner from the north pole with -1 rating bids and wins. >>

Change your ebay preferences when you imput the listing. They will not be allowed to bid.
  • Options
    Good day,
    I have a question about the Pack Fresh too. I open a lot of Packs and when I sell the ones I don't want, should I not mention that I just took them out of a pack, when in fact I just did??? Same with Vending. I have over 200 Vending boxes and when I pull a lot to list I mention that they are from vending, should I not???
    Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i hate when they don't put in the qualifier in the title

drives me crazy to open it and see a oc or mc st!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    I seriously can not stand the wild overuse of the word RARE on eBay. A PSA 9 Griffey Upper Deck rookie is not rare people!!!!!!! I also hate when sellers have a reference to a discount in their names, like Rock Bottom Sports, and then try to sell items for twice what they're worth.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    The ones that chap my butt are the guys that try to convince the buyers that they are just some "poor innocent honest John" that just accidently stumbled onto a pile on 50's cards or are selling them for their great aunt's next door neighbor. Please take advantage of me as I am just a poor ignorant guy selling these gem mint cards (but I am not a grader) and I "think" I have heard of this Aaron guy once before and it looks like a PSA 9 to me (but I am not a grader) and I just don't know anything about cards or grading cards but I do know the difference between the 52 Topps cards and the 64 Topps Giant cards somehow.
    Then you research their previous sales and feedbacks and cards have been their staple for several years. But "don't get upset if I sell you garbage for cards when I made them sound like "gem mint in my honest humble opinion" - because remember now - "I am not a grader"

Websters' Ebay dictionary: "I am not a grader" (Ebay for "I am a shyster")

"I CAN'T COMPLAIN BUT SOMETIMES I STILL DO" - SMOKY JOE WALSH - - -
    Always looking for 53 Topps Baseball and "stuff"
  • Options
    Tonight it is the word "VENDING"!! Seems like every new football set and lot up for sale from the 70's has that attached to it! Sounds like every card back then came from a vending box!
    Paul