Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I'm sick of the "possible" 1916-D Mercs on eBay - Darkcoiner's at it again!

dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
This is the 3rd or 4th time this Jacka$$ has listed a "possible" 16-D on eBay. And the weird thing is, the guy lives in my hometown. I'm tempted to buy something from him just to see if I know him. He's also listed a "possible" 01-S Quarter. Check out his feedback, he seems legit, I don't know why he feels he needs to rip people off. I wonder if there's anyway eBay can stop this practice....?

I TTT'd this because he's at it again. This time he claims he sent it to PCGS....suuuuuure you did. They said it was "inconclusive" did they? What a load of crap...just like his coins. He's at it again
Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.

Comments

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The coin is in AG condition. The mint mark is smudged but it looks like a D to me.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    THERE WILL BE FULL REFUNDS, BUT THERE WILL BE A 15% RESTOCKING FEE
  • Options
    Looks like an S to me.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like an S to me.
    Looks like a blatant attempt to deceive to me.

I reported it to eBay as a fraudulent listing.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can say Possible 1916 D in the title, why can't you say Possible ms67 in the title?? image
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I see these and just move on. I think the new e-bay rules should remove the option to include words like "possible" or "looks like to me". You know right away they are trying to bait you, unless of course you bite.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,420 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look like an S to me.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>Looks like an S to me. >>

I agree.....and so did I...
    Sure, we want to go home. We want this war over with. The quickest way to get it over with is to go get the bastards who started it. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we can go home. - General George S. Patton
  • Options
    CgbCgb Posts: 710
    Even from that small picture I can tell it is an S...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like an S to me.... picture is a bit fuzzy... but shape does not look like a D.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    All caps, giant blue type in auctions = run.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    It is an S, no doubt.
  • Options
    Looks like an S and nothing like a D...at least to my old eyes
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I would MUCH rather see a numerically graded SEGS slab offered than this crap.
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The coin pictured in the auction is definitely a 1916-S dime. There is no possibility that it is a 1916-D dime, just as there is no possibility that it is an 1894-S dime.

2. How can there be "full refunds, but a 15% restocking fee". A 15% restocking fee means that there is an 85% refund, not a 100% refund. The only "full refund" is a 100% refund, not an 85% refund. I reported this seller to eBay earlier on this point, but somehow eBay failed to understand the problem. Perhaps eBay doesn't understand mathematics.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    Definitely S
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess who's looking for a 1916 D Mercury image ?
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭✭
    Doofus lives in a town very near to where I grew up - I'm familiar with his tactics. Actually, their tactics - it's a pair of high school punks with ample time and little morality.
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like an S and nothing like a D...at least to my old eyes >>

• Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Go to his house and tell him to have his eyes checked.
  • Options
    IT's an "S" no doubt. But look he must be a good seller, he even took the time out to shine up all those copper coins for the new buyers.
    Life member of the SSDC
  • Options
    pb2ypb2y Posts: 1,461
    Don't bite !!!!image

• Options
    He has another 16-D for sale on EBAY. The item number is 300149957604. It looks like they took two dimes and stuck them together. image
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    He's at it again: He's at it again

This time he claims to have sent it to PCGS. The guy's a crook, end of story.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I think I'll take a 1981 Lincoln, wear it down to next to nothing, and call it a "possible 1877."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file