Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

stupid question about A&G

Every person I've ever heard pronounce Allen & Ginter says it like "Jinter". I've never heard a single person say it with a hard G until today.

How do you say it?
-- Ryan Bell

Comments

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Gah-inter
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Ginter, like "git, ya varmint!"

That's how the shop owners here in Michigan say it.
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ger r dun-larry the cable guy lol- i think it like that, they are coolis all i know, and need the negro leaguer guys in minis if anybody has em,white ones, working on display,autographed a&g opened pack, index card,reg card, -got all of that,now need the 4 minins of the guys tosend off and id be done
  • Options
    Funny you say that. I've only heard it pronounced with a hard G. Jinter sounds silly.
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Funny you say that. I've only heard it pronounced with a hard G. Jinter sounds silly. >>

I thought the hard G way sounded silly. hahaha. Funny that that's the way you say it.

One other thing I just thought of...the guy who was "Jinter" the most is named "Gentry". hahaha.
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    I have heard it both ways. I use the hard G
  • Options
    Don't feel bad. Up until this year, I thought that Goudey was pronounced "goody" instead of "gowdy"
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Funny you say that. I've only heard it pronounced with a hard G. Jinter sounds silly. >>

I thought the hard G way sounded silly. hahaha. Funny that that's the way you say it.

One other thing I just thought of...the guy who was "Jinter" the most is named "Gentry". hahaha. >>

What I meant was; funny you mention that. I've never heard anyone pronounce it Jinter and it never occurred to me that anyone would. It still sounds silly though. image