Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2007 A&G Memories and Highlights...

Okay...since there's not much out there now compared to this years A&G, let's post about our favorite moments busting these open or anything that was an awesome experience for you with this years A&G.

I'd have to say selling that Louganis for almost $300 was awesome. BUT, my best experience was pulling the Mantle relic. I almost cried. I think that pulling the Pujols relic out of the first package that I opened was awesome too.

Comments

• Options
    I busted 2 hobby boxes, 10 blasters, and probably another 20-30 loose packs. The best pull was a Joe Frazier relic and a Dan O'Brian auto. Not much excitement there, but not bad either. The fun was in trading (and still trading) with the guys on the boards.

The best part though was that I let my wife open a few packs and she got hooked on the mini's, particularly the flags and the monument cards. She loves the set!
  • Options
    The best part was slipping that last snake into the sheet and seeing my set (base, flags, emperors, snakes) all together in pages.... beautiful.

Also, the first time I saw the look on Torii Hunter's face on his card. Hahaha!
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    This is the first set that I have put together since 1994. I have really enjoyed trading with everyone. I didn't get any great pulls but that is okay.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    I have to be honest...

I didnt enjoy the 2007 set as much as the 2006's

I just dont know why
    but thats how I feel

Tom
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    coming home with a sealed hobby case as my first look at the product. First time I did anything close to that at one shot.
    Then I proceded to buy atleast 2 more cases a little at a time. I have so many A & G cards they will never be sorted.
    I did sort the first case and half or so but gave up after that.

put together 7 complete regular sets and probably could almost put another 7 if it wasn't for that elusive 317 card.
    Don't think I got a single one of those in the last case worth I cracked.

Still missing 10 reg mini cards.

Didn't bother with the blacks and A &G backs and traded most to you guys and sold 1 lot of AG backs on Ebay.
  • Options
    Didn't buy any A&G last year and got into it late this year. Bought a lot of A&G backs from a dealer going out of business. When got home, saw a JD Drew, who I already had in Red Sox uni, in Dodgers uni the lot. Got really excited because thought I had a variation or misprint. Went on internet searching to see if anybody else had my variation or if it was the only one that made it out of the plant. Really thought I had something. Finally figured out that seller had thrown in some 2006's with the 2007's.
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Zep,

What 10 minis are you looking for?

Kurt
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Hey Kurt

still missing 40,53,71,80,88,91,135,136,280,301(SP)
    and the King Cobra

lost track of what I have to trade but do have lots of stuff.
    Let me know what you might be interested in if you can help

thx
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Wow, my first A&G memory was that case bust over in Taiwan. I believe thay pulled a red ink Santana. I was actually on the
    road when it went live. I was in a card shop in Atlanta, waiting for it to be delivered.....me and about 8 other guys! I have
    never seen such a response. He got in 4 cases, but 3 of them want to the back room. I managed to bust 7 boxes that day with no auto.
    I pulled a snake out of the first box and was like.....wtf. I opened the last box in my car while driving up 400 (yeah I know
    not smart)....pulled the Mario Andretti auto and was instantly recharged.

I opened a BUNCH of wax after that. I have to say that Travis' retail box he sent me which was loaded. That box arrived at the
    same time Kurt's package to me. I was at that point two snakes away, and Kurt had traded me one...the other one was
    in the retail box, along with a Cashman auto. That was a good day.

but, I will have to say my fondest memory of A&G will be the message boards and all the rips, and trades and secret info. I really
    believe that there is no other place on the web, that has more information on heritage and A&G than here. I can't wait for the
    heritage memories to start ......again!

Kevin
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I think I've opened a lot less than everyone else on the board, and my investment is nowhere near what many of you dropped. This is due partly to my current hobby budget and also the lack of product in my area. I found 3 blasters in August, my first A&G ever, pulled a Misty May-Treanor SP Auto from those, along with a Manny Ramirez relic. Those became good trades to work on my mini sets. I never found any more blasters in-store and those originals yielded the best pulls I had. I purchased 2 retail boxes after that, nothing special, and 4 or 5 blasters off the bay, again, nothing special. Other than that, I've purchased a hand full of loose packs. All of this resulted a few autos and a few relics. My base set is complete thanks to the generosity of several people, including several large donations from mosaic and kmnorton. My regular mini set is just over half finished, and my A&G backed mini set is just over a third of the way there. I'm half way done with the flags, half way done with the emperors, and I need 3 snakes...I'm not finishing anytime soon.

Despite the lengthy process ahead, the best part of all of this has been the dealing with the board members (cwazzy, kmnorton, mosaic, tsalem, mdkuom, Tedw9, Blackborder, parkerj, joestalin, five7teen, wem1472); I have never attempted to build a set this large, I actually haven't built a set since '94 Fleer lol (I was 10). I'm only this far because of the folks on this forum. I know I'll finish it, it's just going to take me all the way until '08 Heritage is released! That's great though, this is an escape from the real world, and I like it.

One other good memory is making the A&G binder. I knew I was addicted to this set when I decided I had to have a matching binder.

Thanks again to everyone!

Ross
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com