Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Please post a "crusader" coin for my girl YN - and football player: First game a win!

claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
My 6th grade daughter played her first football game tonight - and her team, known as the "Crusaders", won 24 to 14. This is middle school 8 man tackle football, and she weighs in at 86 lbs wringing wet, and is the only girl on the team. She is the 3rd string punter, and this game, she was on the line of the punt unit. Since this is her first year, she only got in on 2 plays, but that's fine by Dad.

Please post a coin with a crusader or even mounted horseman on it!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, don't have any pics of coins, but congrats!

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for her.image
  • Options
    edix2001edix2001 Posts: 3,388
    How about Knights of the Coin Table?
  • Options
    AmigoAmigo Posts: 966

Excuse me not being thrilled. I'm sick of the politically correct crap. I don't think gays should be allowed to marry, nor females serve in combat units, nor girls playing on a boys football team. That is just sick.
  • Options

<< <i>Excuse me not being thrilled. I'm sick of the politically correct crap. I don't think gays should be allowed to marry, nor females serve in combat units, nor girls playing on a boys football team. That is just sick. >>

Geez dude, take a chill pill.

I do not see a reason to answer a post to just seem, to me anyway, to be rude.
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats man! I've got no crusader coins but one of the pics in my sigline is from the Crusades image
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Excuse me not being thrilled. I'm sick of the politically correct crap. I don't think gays should be allowed to marry, nor females serve in combat units, nor girls playing on a boys football team. That is just sick. >>

No. Too bad. Too bad. No, it's not.

That being said, very cool to hear about your daughter being active and involved, Clay - in anything positive. Keep up the good work!

Booker T. Washington was a crusader for equality (plus I don't have an image of any Sovreigns):

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    A Mountie I can do!

Congrats on the win.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options

i met a female mp that had both of her legs blown off, and helped evac a female mechanic after a mortar attack. there's no such thing as a non-combat unit in theater. not saying they're all perfect, but for every dead-weight deployment queen, there are even more useless male profile-riding shammers.

people should do what they're capable of, not what ignorant people expect them to be capable of.

claychaser- gratz on your kid's first game!

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you hear this guy saying "well little lady you did good"image
    Larry

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the coin pics - she also likes horses....

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck of your daughter and good for her

And forget about people like "amigo" who's post reads like the mantra of the Taliban
  • Options

<< <i>Best of luck of your daughter and good for her

And forget about people like "amigo" who's post reads like the mantra of the Taliban >>

Darned straight, bluelobster. "amigo" (not!), I for one find your attitude most unwelcome here.

claychaser, pass along my congratulations to your daughter on her first game. And here's a horse pic for her; my cousin on 1 of 6 horses he and his wife own. My 13yo daughter loves horses too, and has ridden "Boomer":

Exclusively collecting Capped Bust Halves in VF to AU, especially rarity 3 and up.
    Joe G.
    Great BST purchases completed with commoncents123, p8nt, blu62vette and Stuart. Great coin swaps completed with rah1959, eyoung429 and Zug. Top-notch consignment experience with Russ.
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    From Edix2001:

TorinoCobra71
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's one:

A treasure trove of archaeological relics, the ancient city of Jaffa has yielded another rare find. An archaeological team from the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA), headed up by Martin Peilstöcker and Amit Re’em, unearthed an extremely rare coin in Jaffa’s flea market. It dates to the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem (1099-1291), the feudal state created by the first Crusaders.

Staff from the IAA Coin Department identified the artifact as a Frankish silver half drachma, minted during a brief six-year period between 1251 and 1257. It was found in the remains of a 13th century house, along with ceramics from the same period.

Etched on the coin are a cross and various other symbols, including a half-moon and a bird. An Arabic inscription describes the Trinity: al Ab (the Father), al Bin (the Son) we-al Rukh al Kuds (and the Holy Spirit). Barely discernible on the perimeter of the coin are the words, “Thine is the glory forever and ever.”

During the 12th and 13th centuries, coins copied from the gold dinars and silver dirhems of the Islamic Fatimid and Ayyubid rulers were minted in Antioch and Tripoli. On a visit to the area in 1250, the official emissary from Rome, Bishop Eudes de Chateauroux, ordered an end to coins inscribed with the name of Mohammed, the Moslem prophet, reporting the practice to Pope Innocentius IV. The Pope responded with threats to excommunicate anyone minting coins with the name of the Moslem prophet on them. Historians believe that the Christian inscriptions and symbols were added to allow minters to continue producing the coins, but now with a Christian message.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    Here's a real nice one posted by coinpictures in another thread about Darkside toners:
  • Options
    collecting for fun and profit; mostly just for the fun.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

mounted crusader?

you go girl! image
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tres Amigas...
    The Lee Sisters

UG LEE, HOME LEE, and BLIND LEE

SanMiguel, that is a beautiful post you made. It's about PIONEERS and Musketeers
    My post is a little slapstick for amigo image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can purchase a REAL Crusader coin for not too much.

I had a nice medieval "helmet denier" of the Crusader king Bohemond III, but alas, the coin was stolen last year and I have no pictures of it.

Here is a nice Crusader piece from the Civitas Galleries site, where I bought my Bohemond III a while back.

<< <i>CRUSADERS Peter I (Pierre) Cyprus 1359-1369 AD Gros Grand -- #ME18950
    AR Gros Grand 27mm. 4.41g. Type A

Crowned, draped and armored figure seated facing, holding sword and globus, shield at right.
    +PIERE PAR LA GRACE D' DIEV ROI

Jerusalem cross.
    +D IERVSALEM E DE CHIPRE

Metcalf & Pitsillides 2 pl. 32, 7/- (same dies); Metcalf LE 767; CCS 76

VF. Old collection toning, with partial hoard patina. Very broad flan. Small flan split at 12:00.
    >>

Link to Civitas Galleries site. (Josh Moran of Civitas is a member on these forums).

The coin I linked to is one of five Crusader pieces on the site presently, and at $190, it is the second most expensive. Three of the five are below a hundred dollars (I see one of them sold).

Crusader coins are neat historical pieces and are seldom dirt-cheap, but they can be had at a moderate price sometimes.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file