Comments

• Options
    as a pitching coach??
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    hitting coach
    randy
  • Options
    here is the CNNSI story. He is the hitting coach.

Text
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    A sure sign of getting old is when all the coaches and managers are people you watched while growing up. I just turned 34 and feel all managers should be players from the 50s, so it stinks to see managers like Eric Wedge barely older than me!
  • Options
    Even though it ain't worth sqwat, I always thought Joyner's 87T card was one of the coolest looking cards when I was a kid. The follow thru on the swing, the dust kicking up, the gold rookie cup - yeah, the 9 year old me was all about that card!
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Wally was one of the hot rookies of 1987 and was a solid player overall but he never regained his form from his earliest years for some reason. He hit 56 HRs and had 217 RBIs in his first two seasons but never matched those numbers again.
  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    WHO CARES ?????? chaz
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i never knew what he ended up with stat wise being in army so long,i just remember my son having his cards, forgot all about him till i saw it the the dodgers-giant sport ticker-my son is 1 year younger than you skooter & kc lol
    chaz-who cares- wally does lmao
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A sure sign of getting old is when all the coaches and managers are people you watched while growing up. I just turned 34 and feel all managers should be players from the 50s, so it stinks to see managers like Eric Wedge barely older than me! >>

Speaking of getting old. The classic rock station in KC yesterday played "Soul to Squeeze" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. While it doesn't quite fit in with the rest of their 60's & 70's stuff, it's real humbling when you hear a song you grew up with, on the station your dad listened to while you were too listen to his old geezer music.
    Travis
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>WHO CARES ?????? chaz >>

I think Chaz answered his own question...
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25