Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Registered Mail from PCGS

I had my coins sent back to me according to PCGS they were shipped on friday, they gave me a tracking number for the registered mail and a delivery confirmation.

The delivery confirmation show this;

Your shipment was accepted/picked up at 6:31 PM on July 27, 2007 in NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658 .

the registered tracking # says no record found. Today is tuesday already is this normal?..i mean if they picked up on friday why is it not showing on the registered mail tracking number. I called them today to confirm the registered mail tracking number and its correct.
And why the delivery confirmation doesn't show Enroute like it usually does?.

Has this happened to anyone before?.

When i shipped the coins to them i used registered mail, shipped on Thursday and they were delivered on Monday.

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Probably a glitch at the USPS. It will show up. Hang in there.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After it is posted and accepted, registered mail tracking is NOT updated until late in the day it is delivered and even then it may never update. Your PO can track it for you but they may or may not charge a couple bux to do it.
  • Options
    KurtHornKurtHorn Posts: 1,382
    My coins were shipped the same day and have the same information. They still don't show up in the registered mail system. Tomorrow they will say they were deilivered on 7/31 etc. Very normal. You'll probably get them tomorrow or the next day.
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - William Faulkner
    NoEbayAuctionsForNow
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I called USPS about it in the past and the answer is that Registered mail only gets checked (scanned in) when received and when delivered. It is signed for all the way along its journey but only scanned when received and when delivered to destination post office. From PCGS to the East (MA) takes a good week.

Don't worry you will get it soon. image

Joe
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Online tracking is where every other company has the USPS beat hands down. A package might not even show up in the system until after delivery... if at all.
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    everytime i had coins sent to me from NGC the tracking number worked the same day they gave me...that's why i was a little nervous about this...but i guess its normal then...anyways...hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.
  • Options
    Andy thanks for creating this thread. I am also in the same situation as you are. And i also just checked the USPS website since my package was also showing as accepted on July 27 and was also wondering how long it took for them to update their website as to where my coins are at the moment.I called PCGS today and the rep told me that it will take about a week for my coins to arrive.image
  • Options
    NeoStarNeoStar Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
    This is all normal and it has happened to me frequently in the past...
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you ask a postal window clerk to enter the registered article number into the U.S.P.S. internal network, it will show where the registered article has progressed through the mail circuit. This information is available only through the internal network. The only info available for registered articles from the U.S.P.S. public website is the date of acceptance and date of delivery(the latter if and when it occurs).

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem and shipping date. I only live 1000 miles from PCGS.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Online tracking is where every other company has the USPS beat hands down. A package might not even show up in the system until after delivery... if at all. >>

At least for registered that is probably done for security reasons as well. If it was real time tracking why would you want to let someone [maybe a potential thief] know where a valuable pakage is?
  • Options
    jmj3esqjmj3esq Posts: 5,421
    I have never had one instance where the USPS tracking service was updated. I have only seen it updated after the package arives and is signed for.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    USPS tracking service never updates.... for me, even after delivery... once checked daily for a week after receipt. The system works, but tracking systme is worthless. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭
    image Same thing last week. Shipped Wed. Checked Fri. , no record of shipment. Called Fri. PCGS, lady says not to worry....All other past submissions showed package sent, before I received it. Maybe it will arrive today, not too concerned. It is very rare for a registerd to "disappear".image
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    USPS online tracking is the way it is to remind people that just because something is on the internet doesn't mean it's true, as well as the inverse thereof.
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    Even with the glitches that Registered Mail has it is still the safest way to ship coins.

It can be slow but it works the vast majority of the time. The rare times that it doesn't, heads roll and somebody usually gets jail. image

-------------

etexmike
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    USPS tracking is the worst, I agree with those above. Once you get your package then you can go on-line and start tracking, that is how up to date it is.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Because of the way PCGS processes shipments the long tracking number will show as accepted, but the registered mail number won't even show up until the package is delivered. If one takes a registered mail package to the post office and processes it across the counter with a clerk, (like I do), the registered mail number will show as accepted right away.

In other words, Andy, your situation is normal.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I had an order shipped, registered from PCGS on 7-20 and another shipped registered on 7-23. They both arrived on 7-27.image
    Gary

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file