Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How to turn a cool 4 million dollar profit!!

MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
If I remember correctly, I think I saw in the Coin World article that they are acquiring $10 million worth of PQ material to sticker with another $15 million available for more.

Buy $10 Million in coins, slap stickers on them, sell them for 40% more, because they are CAC approved.

I'd be interested to know where these coin are being purchased from?
It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Options
    PrethenPrethen Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If I remember correctly, I think I saw in the Coin World article that they are acquiring $10 million worth of PQ material to sticker with another $15 million available for more.

Buy $10 Million in coins, slap stickers on them, sell them for 40% more, because they are CAC approved.

I'd be interested to know where these coin are being purchased from? >>

From Russ? image
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trick isn't buying the coins. It's figuring out how to market them to people that don't know what they're looking at. That's where the money is really made.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    I am putting together a group of investors to beat them to it. How much can I put you down for?
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The trick isn't buying the coins. It's figuring out how to market them to people that don't know what they're looking at. That's where the money is really made. >>

That sounds like one of those, "Stuff people have told me over the years...".image
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If I remember correctly, I think I saw in the Coin World article that they are acquiring $10 million worth of PQ material to sticker with another $15 million available for more.

I'd be interested to know where these coin are being purchased from? >>

From the same guys adding stickers?
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    send 'em all down to the goons in Beaumont, they'll pawn 'em off to the unsuspecting for HUGE profits!

• Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>I am putting together a group of investors to beat them to it. How much can I put you down for? >>

8 bucks from me; 10 if i get a cool super-hero decoder ring out of the deal
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd be interested to know where these coin are being purchased from? >>

You should know that there are COIN DOCTORS and then there are wannabee Coin Doctors. The true professionals know their trade well. The wannabees are the ones that the CAC will smother out with very large piles of CAC Coins.

• Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374

<< <i>I am putting together a group of investors to beat them to it. How much can I put you down for? >>

image....Let's see.....I bummed 20 bucks from my wife this morning and I had about 45 ...That makes $65 Dollars....Am I in..?!?!?!....image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should know that there are COIN DOCTORS and then there are wannabee Coin Doctors. The true professionals know their trade well. The wannabees are the ones that the CAC will smother out with very large piles of CAC Coins.

Now, I really am getting confused. I thought that there were no large piles of PQ coins available, and that's why the consortium was formed - to identify the few PQ coins left to the world for posterity and for coin collectors.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    The trick isn't buying the coins. It's figuring out how to market them to people that don't know what they're looking at. That's where the money is really made.

Truer words have never been typed!

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file