Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1990 Topps dual card featuring Barry Bonds & Mark McGwire.

This one ends this weekend. It's not in a PSA holder but I can assure your the card is legit....I pulled the card myself and was sending cards to PGS before I found out that PSA is THE grader of choice!! I'm sure it would cross-over but just never ended up cracking it out. These 2-sided cards could have multiple combinations of front/back players so getting these two HR hitters on the same card would have been pretty tuff. Who knew 17 years later they would be the homerun hitters they ended up being? I know, there's still the steroid stuff, but still a pretty unique card. Just click the link or click the lower link for my other auctions.

Thanks-
Claude

McGwire/Bonds card

Comments

• Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    is this serious?
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, these are legit. They are listed in the yearly SCD and could have multiple combinations. I'm not sure how high the numbers go but the Bonds card alone is #123 and McGwire is #36. I'll look up the specifics of the set tonite when I get home and post here.

-Claude
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Isn't just a sticker?
  • Options
    The bonds is a sticker the Mcgwire is a "card" that is on the back. They were from the Topps/Panini set you can buy boxes for less than 5.00
  • Options
    These are NOT the Panini Stickers as previously suggested. I just checked the SCD yearly guide.... these are the 1990 Topps Stickercards backs and teamed up with the 1990 Topps/OPC Stickers fronts. There are 67 diffrent hard back possibilities (McGwire is the hardback on my card) and there are 328 different sticker front possibilities (Bonds). I'm not sure how you calculate the odds but 67 backs X 328 fronts= 1 in 21,976 chance of having the McGwire/Bonds teaming up on the same card. Is that right?? If so, seems like pretty tuff odds!!

-Claude
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    "These are NOT the Panini Stickers as previously suggested. I just checked the SCD yearly guide.... these are the 1990 Topps Stickercards backs and teamed up with the 1990 Topps/OPC Stickers fronts. There are 67 diffrent hard back possibilities (McGwire is the hardback on my card) and there are 328 different sticker front possibilities (Bonds). I'm not sure how you calculate the odds but 67 backs X 328 fronts= 1 in 21,976 chance of having the McGwire/Bonds teaming up on the same card. Is that right?? If so, seems like pretty tuff odds!!"

You are assuming that all stickers are available on all stickercard backs, which is not true. Even if it was true, it would mean nothing as the same could be said for any sticker/card in that set. From my experience with these sets, each sticker is usually available on 7-8 different backs, with half being very common.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Also, there are 328 different stickers in the set, but not 328 different sticker side fronts...meaning most of the stickers came two per a card. There are likely only around 200 different fronts....I am not going to count them.

Mark
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Can I buy weed from you? It looks like it is high quality.
  • Options
    I'm not sure how many different combinations were available, the SCD guide does not break it down that far...the "back" card checklist goes to 67 and the checklist for "front" sticker cards is listed at 328. It's just a pretty cool card featuring 2 premiere homerun hitters that came out 17 years ago, way before all the hype.

-Claude
    also: I added better front & back scans to the auction. ...(here they are)

• Options
    "I'm not sure how many different combinations were available, the SCD guide does not break it down that far...the "back" card checklist goes to 67 and the checklist for "front" sticker cards is listed at 328."

You will also note it list as the first sticker "1 Rich Cerone (Highlight) (321)." What it means is this sticker/card has both sticker #1 and #321 together. Since you pulled the card yourself you should understand these stickers.

Mark

• Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    This is one of the greatest threads ever.....
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    They look skinny
  • Options
    Ends tomorrow nite.. and YES, they both look skinny! image
  • Options
    i see they are from the "very reputable" PGS grading LOL.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    going out on a limb here and saying that it ends with no bids - unless bonds hits two homers tonite - nice though to hype the auction a little - image

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I will also go out on a limb and say that the earth is round.