Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1993 Topps Fantasports

Anyone familiar with this issue? It was put out in 1993 in select "test market" cities. It was some sort of fantasy game that came with a 200 card set.

I took this description from ebay;

<< <i>According to Topps, this was the first interactive Fantasy game that incorporated trading cards as a key playing element. The set of 200 cards was provided that featured key players. The card backs carry graphs of the players' three-year performances on all Fantasports criteria, comparisons with other players in that position and scouting reports. The cards were used by contestants to make draft choices and trades throughout the season. The cost of playing the game was $159.00. Included were the cards, entry into the league, stat book, worksheets and instructions. The person who earned the best 18-game NFL fantasy score won four tickets to Super Bowl XXVIII. The game was test marketed in four cities, Houston, Kansas City, Buffalo and Washington D.C. and the cards were not offered at retail. Cards measure 3" x 5". >>

A pretty cool set for guys doing player registries. I picked up this Emmitt cheap. Im sure its a 9.

Comments