Home Sports Talk
Options

"but tonight I'd be content with a 1-4 with 3 K's and an Indians win"

Holy crap! I'm psychic....(referring to Ryan Howard)

from a post in a previous thread LOL.

for my next trick.

"I'm going to buy a $10 scratch ticket and win $5,000,000 dollars"

I'll keep you posted on that one.

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Its amazing how an 8 run inning brings out the Indian "fans" from the woodwork. See you next year.

JS
  • Options
    Joe, you obviously miss a lot of my posts image
    I'm celebrating 20 years of being an Indians fan..wooohoo!

Doesnt matter if they are in last place or first place. I was happy when Mr. Clutch (Pat Tabler) got a hit, Cory Snyder cranked a homer, Joe Carter banged in some ribbies, Omar made a great play or Grady makes a phenomenal catch.

1995 was my dream world series... my favorite N.L. team vs. my favorite A.L. team (sure i wanted the Indians to win, but hey I was glad the made it) Heartbreaking 97' series, friggin Jose Mesa!

Jim Thome is still my favorite player, no matter where he plays, heck it even got me to watch some Phillies games when he was with them

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    It's no secret that the Reds and Tribe are my teams
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    Friggin' Lieber. Every 5th game the Phils need to let him pitch to the first batter then yank his sorry a$$ -

"Jon "Five-Run" Lieber is used to having one bad inning. Incredibly, he has given up at least five runs in a single inning in four of his last five outings; hence, his newly minted middle name."

Luckily the schedule gives Phils fans an 8 day reprieve from seeing this load again with a ball in his hand.

• Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    "but tonight I'd be content with a 1-4 with 3 K's and an Indians win"

Is this really a stretch when the guy is batting .247 with 71 SOs in 190 ABs?

The AL Central certainly is the division to watch again this year. Would be nice to see more again this year instead of the usual AL East stuff, and I'm a Yankees fan.
  • Options

<< <i>Joe, you obviously miss a lot of my posts image
    I'm celebrating 20 years of being an Indians fan..wooohoo!

Doesnt matter if they are in last place or first place. I was happy when Mr. Clutch (Pat Tabler) got a hit, Cory Snyder cranked a homer, Joe Carter banged in some ribbies, Omar made a great play or Grady makes a phenomenal catch.

1995 was my dream world series... my favorite N.L. team vs. my favorite A.L. team (sure i wanted the Indians to win, but hey I was glad the made it) Heartbreaking 97' series, friggin Jose Mesa!

Jim Thome is still my favorite player, no matter where he plays, heck it even got me to watch some Phillies games when he was with them

image >>

Anyone that proclaims to be an Indians fan and remembers Pat Tabler and Cory Snyder, must be a die hard...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭

<< <i>Its amazing how an 8 run inning brings out the Indian "fans" from the woodwork. See you next year. >>

The Indians won? Wait, let me get out of this woodwork. Go Tribe!

Joe, just like you I show my support for my team in each post with the avatar I have chosen.

I have been a fan of the Tribe since the days of Vern Fuller, Larry Brown, and 'Daddy' Wags.
    I post most of my thoughts on the Tribe and their current season on other forums, but I do post
    here sometimes to give some balance to the Yankees/Red Sox/Mets/Phillies posts on this forum.
    Fans of every team have a right to be 'fanatic' at times since that is the origin of 'fan'.

BobaFett and Goose, keep on posting about the Tribe's progress. I am still a fan even though I now
    live in the shadow of the Reds.

Charles
  • Options

In 1983, he joined the Cleveland Indians, playing there until 1988, when he was traded to the Kansas City Royals. He remained with the Kansas City club until the 1990 season, when he was traded to the New York Mets. Tabler wound up his career with the Toronto Blue Jays (1991-1992), winning a World Series championship with the club in his final year as a player. In his career, Tabler was also known for his uncanny ability to hit with the bases loaded, batting just under .500 in such situations (43 for 88).

• Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    If memory serves me right, the Cincinnati Enquirer had an article this past year listing the 100 best players ever in the greater Cincinnati area.
    Pat was on the list. Oh did I forget to say it was a list of basketball players?
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I am also an INDIANS fan, maybe we are not as vocal or post as often as the "Big City" team posters but we are all out there...rooting for our Tribe, Browns and Cavs.......Yeah we didn't go nuts talking about the Cavs all of a sudden either, but we all still are cheering for them....I to remember all the names being mentioned...and don't forget Rocky!! Some of my best memories when I was a kid was the summer the Indians had a rotation of Sudden Sam, Looie Tiant, Sonny Seibert and Steve Hargan....they came in 3rd and hit the you know what out of the ball that year...unfortunately it didn't last long....just like the year Joe Carter and Cory were on SI's cover...what a disaster that was..but it was kind of expected...heck their starting pitchers that year were almost all 90...if I remember right Niekro, Carlton at the end of his career, Candyman, and a cast of thousands...