Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Sweet Ca....poral "bom bom bom"

I decided to ask my g/f to help me prepare a late night PSA sub last night, how romantic I know image Also, she recently went to her first Red Sox game. When she saw the back of one of my t205's she started singing to the tune of "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond "Sweet Cap-o-ral da da da da , good times never felt so good" I thought it was hysterical!!image Anyone else do a late night submission?

Also, anyone know WHY they sing Sweet Caroline at every game?

Comments

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Also, anyone know WHY they sing Sweet Caroline at every game? >>

They are infatuated with Neil Diamond.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    That's cute Ted.

Some say Sweet Caroline is Boston's theme song, these past few years (kinda pathetic). The crowd gets to shout BOM, BOM, BOM that's pretty all it takes to make a Game song great -I believe. Also, it's sung Neil 'Baseball' Diamond image

My nomination for Boston's theme; 'Tessie' by DKM

Tessie
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    yeah I like Tessie waay better
  • ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    They play that song LOTS of places, now. It's a fairly recent phenomenon. Was it in "There's Something About Mary"? I know they play it at UW Badger football games...
  • scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    "Sweet Caroline" was played at Fenway a few years back and was supposed to be just a one-time thing. But the crowd got into it, and they tried it the next day, and it kept going, and now is a staple in the middle of the 8th inning.

"Tessie" is played after the game. "Dirty Water" is played as soon as the Sox win, then "Tessie" comes on a few minutes later.....
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    The Red Wings had a parody song done in the tune of Sweet Carolina, it was Beat Caroline, was during our Stanley Cup run in 2001-02.
  • "Anyone else do a late night submission?"

I hope that ended very happily for you image
  • envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I did a 3 card 65 Topps fb sub about 11pm last night. Nothing special, and I'm overpaying to have them graded at the $13 level but I'll never have a bulk sub of them... I've had the one card for over a year (it's kinda tattered and was hoping for a nicer one to submit) and the other two I've had since before xmas. But hey, I'll have grades in 5 days. image
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"Anyone else do a late night submission?"

I hope that ended very happily for you image >>

No happy ending as her mom and dad ended up sleeping over, I actually went home! Anyways just to add it was funny to hear SWEET CAP-O-RAL with a Brazilian accent as well!