Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My Topps Cardinals Autograph Collection (1966 - 2002 Topps totally complete!)

Comments

• bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your new Ozzie Smith cards. That guy was a blast to watch in person.

brian
  • frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2018 11:03AM
    Now, I am 4 for 4 sending cards to Red Schoendienst. I am pretty sure that I have every Topps and Bowman card signed that he ever made, including team cards. The last ones are these 72, 73, 74, 75, and 76 team cards.

I am not counting this 52 Topps Schoendienst in my count because I already have one. I just thought it would be neat to have a duplicate. I figured that there are tons of 52 Topps Red Schoendienst cards, but only a limited number are actually signed.

This raises the count to 710.

Cardinals_Autographs_213

Shane

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love that 52.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say a public thank you to FRANKHARDY (Shane). He got my 1948 Bowman Red Schoendienst rookie autographed for me. Thank you sir!!

Buying US Presidential autographs
    You are very welcome. Glad to do it.

Shane

edited April 25, 2018 11:03AM
    Well, I am finally back to a normal schedule at work. For those that don't know, we had an ice storm here in western KY on January 26. I work for the local electric company. Today was my first day on a normal schedule. I worked 65.5, 113.5, 104, and 101.5 hrs in the last four weeks. We finally got every meter turning this weekend. We have 30,000 customers, and only about 30 meters were turning at the peak of the ice storm. Needless to say, it has been overwhelming. We had one lineman from out of town lose his life during an accident. It was very sad.

Now back to cards and autos.

This first one is one of my favorites. Bob Gibson is impossible through the mail. I got this one from a reputable seller on Ebay, and it checks out in every way. This is Gibson's second year card.

The Mike Anderson cards took well over 200 days, but he finally delivered.

The team cards were signed by Charlie James. He is very consistent. He is 100% on sportscollectors.net, but he always takes several months. These took 210 days.

Al Olmsted took a while, as well, but I got him the other day too.

This raises the total to 719.

Cardinals_Autographs_214

Cardinals_Autographs_215

Shane

• Did he get him at the BAT dinner? If so, I was there and I find it incredible that he got Smith to sign 10 cards as Smith was rushed everywhere he went. The only thing I could think of is that he was seated at the same table with Ozzie Smith.

<< <i>Well, sometimes life gives pleasant surprises. I have a friend who grew up an Ozzie Smith fan. He got to meet Ozzie last week at a banquet. He told me on the phone how neat it was to finally meet him. He took his kids and took some pictures and got a few autographs. He told me how personable Ozzie was that night, and he emailed me a picture of Ozzie and him shaking hands.

Fast forward to today. I get home from work and look what I found in my mail box! I called my friend and thanked him. He didn't give me these details the other night on the phone, but tonight he said he got five 79 Topps rookie cards and a five of these 82 Topps Traded cards signed for himself. I think I can find room for this one in my album. image This is definitely one of my favorites.

By the way, this makes 705 and counting.
    >>

edited April 25, 2018 11:04AM
    This Bill White makes the count rise to 720. My album is getting very, very full. I missed sending cards to Spring Training this year because of the ice storm and me working for the power company.

In case you don't know, Bill White is impossible to get TTM. I got this off of Ebay. I have studied his signature, and this is the real deal. I'm glad to get this one, and got it for under $10.

Cardinals_Autographs_216

Shane

• slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Nice pickup! Bill White is IMPOSSIBLE.
    Thanks. Now, if I could just get a Curt Flood.

Shane

This one came in the mail today. As you know, Bob Gibson does not sign TTM. I got this on on Ebay for under $20. This is only my second Gibson. I will bust this out and put it in my album, as I do with all PSA/DNA Cardinals.

I am now up to 721 different Topps autographs.

Cardinals_Autographs_217

Shane

After a long drought, I finally got a few in. Bobby G Smith signed the 57 and 58 team cards. I bought the 2 PSA/DNA cards from Mickeys Sportscards. He has a huge selection of autographed vintage cards. Poholsky died in 2001. Arroyo is still living, but does not sign TTM that I can find.

This makes the total rise to 725.

Cardinals_Autographs_218

Shane

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭
    very nice shane, the collection is coming along nicely
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    SHANE ... did you try this address for Mr. Arroyo?

P.O. Box 354
    Penuelas, PR 00624
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>SHANE ... did you try this address for Mr. Arroyo?

P.O. Box 354
    Penuelas, PR 00624 >>

I don't think I tried it. I probably have that address in my Meiselman list, but I don't think he was listed on sportscollectors.net, so I didn't want to risk loosing a card.

Shane

edited April 25, 2018 11:05AM
    Here is number 726. This is a rising star for the Cardinals. He had a fantastic year last year and is off to a great start this year. I bought this off of Ebay from a reliable spring training autograph collector. This is the first 2008 Topps card that I have signed.

Now, if I could just get a Pujols. Just one regular Topps Pujols.

Cardinals_Autographs_219

Shane

edited April 25, 2018 11:06AM
    Number 727 is a great addition. Anytime one can get a HOF'er on a regular Topps card is a good day. I got this on Ebay for less than $20.

Cardinals_Autographs_220

Shane

This is number 728. I got it 189 days after sending it to Leron Lee. I thought I was done with TTM, but I guess they will still trickle in for a while.

Cardinals_Autographs_221

Shane

i'm sure it was a nice surprize

congrats
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

Here is 729. I got this off of Ebay. He is impossible to get unless you get him in person.

This one has been authenticate by JSA and has a sticker on the back.

Cardinals_Autographs_222

Shane

edited October 10, 2022 6:54PM
    Here is number 730. I got this one off of Ebay too.

Cardinals_Autographs_223

Shane

Sweet McGee, that guy was fun to watch. Do you have 730 different players or 730 different cards (of which some are the same guy?)? How many will it take to complete?

Mike

<< <i>Sweet McGee, that guy was fun to watch. Do you have 730 different players or 730 different cards (of which some are the same guy?)? How many will it take to complete?

Mike >>

I have 730 different Topps cards. In other words, there are multiples of some of the same player, but not of the same card. As far as completion, I really do not know because I am always watching on Ebay for players that do not sign TTM. Plus, with new players every year, it really is an on going project.

By the way, Mike, I just hit 93 out of 100 free throws this afternoon (remember the 95 out of 100 thread last week?). image

Shane

edited April 25, 2018 11:07AM
    This is a record for me. I had to wait 441 days for this one. I think his ink pen was out of ink because you can barely see the signature. Anyway, this makes 731.

Cardinals_Autographs_224

Shane

edited April 25, 2018 11:07AM
    I can add 2 more to my count making it 733 Topps Cardinals signatures.

Today was a very good mail day. These were both off of Ebay. Both signatures look good. The 52 Topps Slaughter doesn't have a crease on it. That card is in better condition than the one I have for my regular team sets. The blue ink signature is nice and bold. The 85 Topps Ozzie is stunning to me. Perfect centering, and the signature is picture perfect.

Enjoy. (At least, I will enjoy even if nobody looks).

Cardinals_Autographs_225

Shane

Glad everybody liked Enos and Ozzie.

Shane

enos is very nice, you have been quiet lately on cardinals.
    Fred

• yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Love the Slaughter...I have a weakness for signed 52s...I have probably about 10

<< <i>enos is very nice, you have been quiet lately on cardinals. >>

I am just about out of options on TTM. I either have them, they are dead, or they don't sign. My only option is Ebay or other sales venues. Even on Ebay, I already have most that are on there. I search them pretty regular and when I find a good deal, I get it.

Shane

edited October 10, 2022 6:58PM
    I just received these today from Hunt Auctions. They were consigning Curt Floods collection. These were in 2 lots (3 cards each lot). I gave $83 for the top 3 and $74 for the bottom three, which, if you don't know, is a steal for Curt Flood's auto. Each lot comes with a letter of provenance from Curt Flood's wife. So, yes, these are not only signed by Curt Flood, but these cards were actually owned by Curt Flood.

My plan from the beginning was to get all 6 of these, keep 1 for my collection, and sell 5. I am almost assured to getting more than my money back on just 5 of them. What is your opinion of which one I should keep? Which one do you guys like the best? Since the 1970 Topps features him with the Phillies (even though he never played for them), that one is out since I am a Cardinals collector. The 1968 Topps is out because I don't have a duplicate. I am leaning towards the bottom 1966 Topps because it is not creased, it is centered decent, and I like an ink pen on a vintage card instead of a Sharpie (just a slight preference).

This brings the total (only counting one of these) to 734.

By the way, it is my opinion that Curt Flood should be in the Hall of Fame due to his play put together with his off the field accomplishments (paving the way for free-agency and getting rid of the reserve clause).

Edited to say and confirm that I kept the 1966 in ball point pen.

Cardinals_Autographs_226

Shane

• Very nice cards. Keep them all! Ballpoint pin looks better on vintage in my opinion.

<< <i>Very nice cards. Keep them all! Ballpoint pin looks better on vintage in my opinion. >>

Thanks for the input. I like the ball point on vintage, too. I wish I could keep them all. Right now, I don't need to spend the money. I very well may keep one of the 1961's along with the 1966 if the first few do real well.

Shane

edited November 26, 2021 1:26PM
    Well, this one here is definitely the highlight of my Topps Cardinals autograph collection. Here it is - the one and only Roger Maris. The card itself looks NM and the signature is in bold, blue ink.

I purchased these with 4 other Roger Maris signed cards. I bought these (I believe) way under market value for each, so my hope it to be able to sell the other four and be able to be able to pay for this 1968. If I don't come close to getting my money back, the I will have to consider selling this 1968. However, I believe I will be ok. At that time, I will crack it out and put it in my album. Until then, it stays.

This makes the count rise to 735 (tentatively).

These Beckett holders are terrible for scans, but this is the best I could do.

Edited to say: Here is a better scan of the 68.

Edited to say - I ended up selling this one when I needed some money. I forgot to mention this sale in my thread during a long hiatus from posting due to picture hosting site issues. I ended up getting another 68 Maris.

Cardinals_Autographs_227

Shane

Fantastic addition . Hope you make enough on the others to keep it.
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Shane, what are the other signed ones? I'm sure this board is the perfect place for you to find takers! Really nice card.
    edited October 14, 2017 2:53PM
    Here are the other four. I am open to offers any or all four. I will be posting on the BST board.

Again, the glare is terrible on these Beckett slabs. These are bold signatures.

Edited to say: Here are some better scans.

Edited again to say - since Photobucket hijacked all of us and since these cards were not part of my collection, I don't have those scans handy.

Shane

• That 64 is beautiful!!!!
    I am posting to let everybody know that I now have posted better scans for the above Maris autos.

Shane

edited April 25, 2018 11:10AM
    If you thought the Roger Maris was a great addition, just wait until you see the next one! This is the best one yet, and the highlight of my Topps Cardinals collection. Introducing my son, Andrew Hardie. This was an in person signature. It is definitely authentic.

This is the first 2009 Topps card that I have autographed. This makes 736.

Cardinals_Autographs_228

Shane

• Shane,
    Great looking Maris cards. The signature on the 68 definetly displays the best. Unfortunately i've been outbidded on several of your auctions recently.
    Not trying to hijack your great thread but thought i show a few recent pick ups since i'm having a boring Saturday afternoon.

I really wanted this photo. Would of liked the auto in red sharpie but couldn't pass it up. Cheap frame and mat job from Wal-Mart

Was suprised this one showed up from Steiner after they sued Yadi. Couldn't pass up this great memory for $10. Need to find another frame.

Very nice!

Shane

edited April 25, 2018 11:10AM
    Can't believe nobody likes the 2009 card of my son. I loved doing it. I will probably do it every year.

Mike Matheny makes 737. I got this one for a song.

Cardinals_Autographs_229

Shane

• I definitely dig the Andrew Hardie sig... nice and legible. image

• << <i>I definitely dig the Andrew Hardie sig... nice and legible. image >>

the way an autograph should look ...
    edited April 25, 2018 11:11AM
    Number 738 is coming up, and it is one of my favorites. He was my favorite player growing up and this was my favorite card. I have looked for this card to be autographed ever since I've started this project. Here it is - a 1985 Topps Traded Vince Coleman. He was so enjoyable to watch. If he would have been a .300 hitter, Rickey Henderson would still be catching him. He just couldn't get on base enough. when he got on base, though, it was as good as a triple.

Cardinals_Autographs_230

Shane

edited October 10, 2022 7:04PM
    Here is number 739. I got this one for Christmas from my darling wife!

As stated above, Vince Coleman was my favorite player growing up. Now I have his Traded rookie and his base rookie autographed.

Cardinals_Autographs_231

Shane

Those are great Coleman's!

Mike
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Vince Coleman was my favorite player after our hometown boy, Dane Iorg, went to the Royals.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    edited April 25, 2018 11:11AM
    I am absolutely thrilled. If you were to ask me which card I would love to have, this card would be at or near the top. Forget the shiny refractor, serial numbered, sticker autos. I just stick to the basic Topps issues. Until yesterday, I had never seen this one autographed and it has been on my want list for a long time. I am pretty sure that I have mentioned in this very thread wanting this card signed. Minorleaguesource (Joe) and I have come to an agreement and I have purchased his. I had to sell some stuff to get it. I have not received it yet because we just came to terms this morning, but I wanted to go ahead and post it because I couldn't wait. Of course, I will have to scan it and post it again when I get it in a few days.

Members of the board, I present to you a 2001 Topps Traded Albert Pujols signed and authenticated by JSA. (I will update the count when I receive the card).

Cardinals_Autographs_232

Shane