Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone Recommend a "good" auction house?

I was looking to finally auction my '51 bowman FB set, along with a few other items. None of the auction houses look really appealling for football in particular, but Mile High has always been pretty solid for cards in general. Well, I emailed them requesting info and described what I was looking to sell...but they don't seem to respond, and I'm not talking a week or two for response time either. My stuff obviously isn't going to set the world on fire, but I believe it's significant enough to warrant some interest.

I was curious who most people have been using, and has decent customer service?
Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
lsuconnman@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I was happy with Goodwin, and find Bill to be a really good guy to deal with.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Right now, the "big" auction houses have a considerable amount of bad press.

Mastro for seeing no problem with smoothing out surface wrinkles before submitting to PSA
    Memory Lane for a host of issues, including having cards recertified/reslabbed to sell in subsequent auctions.

I personally like Mile High and Robert Edwards auction houses. They seem to do a good job and also give personal service (I've heard). The former 2 are awfully large and possibly corrupt.
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Agree with what jmbkb4 posted.

I've auctioned a few items thru Goodwin and was very happy with the results. Although he tends to be known for vintage Baseball material, he auctioned a big ticket Unitas 9 for me two years ago and it set a record price.

I'm surprised Brian Drent hasn't called you back on your set. He's one of the hobby's good guys in my opinion. I would try him one more time. REA seems like a good firm as well.

Good luck with your decision.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Huggins and Scott is building up a solid auction business as well, and Josh is also very good to work with.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    I'm possibly going to be submitting my Koufax set to sell through the next MileHigh auction. What type of fees do you have to pay? If you can get a 0% consignment fee, does that cover you without having to pay for anything other than shipping your lot to them?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Anyone tried HERITAGE in Dallas?
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Yeah...that does seem strange about Mile High. He's a pretty good guy, and he's been around for quite a while. Surely there's some extenuating circumstance...
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    my experience with mile high was excellent. call jose if you cannot get a hold of brian. when you want something done email can slow you down as opposed to making a phone call and getting a live voice.

arny-i got 0% juice and free shipping. they sent me a fedex #, went to kinkos-done
  • Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭

<< <i>Anyone tried HERITAGE in Dallas? >>

If you search heritage through these forums, you will see that I do not have anything good to say about them. Huge re consignment problemimage
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Mile high will be glad to take your items for consignment. I have been very please with his service and the results of the auctions. I have consigned to Mastro before and it takes a long time to get paid. Brian gets the checks out pretty quickly.
    Heritage Auctions in Dallas does not have a very big following. I would suggest that you not look at this option. Great place to buy right now, but not for selling.

SL
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases