Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mantle & Bush watching Jeter

Is this the next Alex Gordon cutout or FF card?

Jeter's new fans
Travis

Comments

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    They did it on purpose, claim they will not 'correct' it. I doubt then it will be worth a premium, however if they do correct it I see a premium. maybe they correct it and put some other celeb. in there.

More crap if you ask me.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • These "errors" are really getting old. Seems like this happens every year
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    if it was done on purpose and they didnt change it how can it be an "error" card.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
    if it was done on purpose and they didnt change it how can it be an "error" card.

Even if changed it is not an error. It would be called a variation IMO.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    politics & sports do NOT mix.

NOT FOR YOU

julen
    RIP GURU
  • That's why I said "error" b/c it is not actually one. It's more of a hype card than anything.
  • Unbelievable as it may sound, one is up to 127.50 on Ebay. P.T. Barnum would be proud.....
  • I just bought this card on eBay via a Buy It Now on Friday for .95 cents. I go look today and this card is anywhere from 30 to 85 bucks.

What has changed??
  • The big controversy with this card is what's on the cut-off left arm of Bush. It's like a Rorschach (sp?) test.
    Take the plunge into my ebay store
  • Where are you finding it for 30-80? The majority have been being sold on eBay for 10-20. The card is not a short print, in fact I pulled a red and a white from a Jumbo box. There are tens of thousands of these floating around. IMO those paying a premium are not spending their $ wisely. This is not the Gordon card from last year. I liken it more to the Bo Jackson card from the 1990 score Bo Jackson. Super hyped when it came out, but it is just a regular issued card.

I sold mine one $20 as soon as I pulled it last week. I just put another one out of my set and put it on eBay w/ a $40 BIN.
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Just do a search for "2007 topps jeter" and you'll see a bunch of active auctions pushing $50+. Rediculous. The ESPN article is probably driving this.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Beef, if I were you'd I'd pull the BIN down or raise your price. Some are even going for as much as $200 right now. These buyers are going to feel silly when they are selling for $2 in a year.
    Travis
  • This is insane. I hope mine sells.

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Just plain dumb, if all Jeters are like that then anyone paying these prices deserve what they get. A little research on something before you buy it can go a long way.
    Beef you have no problem selling a common card for more then 100.00?

Steve

edited to add: what statistical analyisis do you have to prove your claim that it is the :

Hottest card on ebay?

also 149.99??? sigh
    Good for you.
  • kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    WTF is going on?
    IWTDMBII
  • Check these two out, and mind you it is just for the single card!

• The one that is ending the soonest is over $280.00 bucks. I have never seen anything like it.
  • I searched Ebay for Jeter Bush Topps and found 143 items. Hardly rare. And 2 of these are going for $280. Many others going for $100+. Just ridiculous. The people bidding on these are throwing their money away, caught up in the hype. "Irrational exuberance" is what Alan Greenspan would call this. This card will be going way down once the they come out with something new to hype up, and everybody forgets about htis one.

Jeff
  • TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    How long can this keep up?? I'm thinking of going out and buying up all the topps I can find and just selling this card. Then when it gets back to .99 in a month I'll have made out. Not really one to take advantage of people but if they are going to throw their money away without doing any research and having NO clue about the card market then maybe they deserve to get burned........

Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football
  • They will be $30 by Friday...All hype,Reminds me of the day traders back in late 90s that would line up like sheep to the slaughter..Idiots
    But even at $30 that is about 2000% of what they SHOULD be going for!! How many of you can sell a 2006 Topps Jeter on ebay for .99 unless you offer Free SH???

Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
  • So...dumb question....I have a regular version and a red back version....do I sell and should I do a one-day auction to strike while the iron is hot???
    No one deserves to get burned. also, i find it funny that alts will come on here and spam thier auctions for this crap.

Steve
    Good for you.

• << <i>So...dumb question....I have a regular version and a red back version....do I sell and should I do a one-day auction to strike while the iron is hot??? >>

I would definitely strike while the iron is hot..

<< <i>So...dumb question....I have a regular version and a red back version....do I sell and should I do a one-day auction to strike while the iron is hot??? >>

I can see both sides, sell it why it is hot, why not make a quick buck, but you know that you are selling something that is only really worth 25 cents to someone who probably does not a great knowledge of cards and thinks they are buying something that is rare, when in fact it is not. Your call.
  • Steve...not sure if that was at me, but I did not offer a link to an auction or anything. I was just asking a question, sorry.
    Nobody deserves to get burned.....maybe right. I guess maybe I used the wrong word. When I think of getting burned I usually think of getting ripped off. But if I make a dumb mistake I don't think I am getting burned. There is not false advertising, the card pictured is the card you are getting, and the card is genuine......then iwhy is that the sellers' faults? It isn't like they trimming a card or selling a phony card as a genuine one.
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    Tzahl, nope not directed at you. you are not an alt, it was directed at those that are alts and spammed thier auctions here.

sorry for the confusion.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • I purchased this card on Naxcom last night for $1.95 and now the seller has contacted me and said he is not selling becuase he could make some major bucks on this card via eBay. WOW!!!

This is where Naxcom is not cool ,sell to whoever, whenever

<< <i>Nobody deserves to get burned.....maybe right. I guess maybe I used the wrong word. When I think of getting burned I usually think of getting ripped off. But if I make a dumb mistake I don't think I am getting burned. There is not false advertising, the card pictured is the card you are getting, and the card is genuine......then iwhy is that the sellers' faults? It isn't like they trimming a card or selling a phony card as a genuine one. >>

Selling a card for $200 when it is only worth a quarter is not trying to rip off someone?? I'm not sure, if someone is thinking this card is going to be worth more then why blame the seller for an ignorant buyer. Is this a moral decision??
    To be honest i have only looked at a few of the auctions. What i find appalling is some of the statements these sellers are making. "HOTTEST CARD ON EBAY" and.......

Get yours before they make the correction etc...............

I'm sure if I looked i could find more BS then i care to read this afternoon.

Listen, if anyone has no problem ripping people off then go for it.

(not directed at anyone in particular)

Steve
    Good for you.

• << <i>

<< <i>Nobody deserves to get burned.....maybe right. I guess maybe I used the wrong word. When I think of getting burned I usually think of getting ripped off. But if I make a dumb mistake I don't think I am getting burned. There is not false advertising, the card pictured is the card you are getting, and the card is genuine......then iwhy is that the sellers' faults? It isn't like they trimming a card or selling a phony card as a genuine one. >>

Selling a card for $200 when it is only worth a quarter is not trying to rip off someone?? I'm not sure, if someone is thinking this card is going to be worth more then why blame the seller for an ignorant buyer. Is this a moral decision?? >>

I think the sellers that are stating they are short prints are ripping people off. I don't however think that sellers that are listing the cards in a legit way are doing anything wrong. Capitalism at its best (or worst),lol
    purchased this card on Naxcom last night for $1.95 and now the seller has contacted me and said he is not selling becuase he could make some major bucks on this card via eBay. WOW!!!

Who is this seller? errrr ripoff artist I mean?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Volver - contact NAXCOM. They do not appreciate nondelivering sellers. You can actually talk to a real person who knows sports cards, and they will take action. While they can't force him to deliver to you, the odds are good that they will at least hit him with a penalty as well as refunding your money (and they may boot him from the site).

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.

<< <i> purchased this card on Naxcom last night for $1.95 and now the seller has contacted me and said he is not selling becuase he could make some major bucks on this card via eBay. WOW!!!

Who is this seller? errrr ripoff artist I mean?

Steve >>

I guess he is willing to take the neg feedback then. Names please!!
    Steve, I think that was to Volver but I'll accept your apology for him! image

This really does bring up an interesting question. If some guy asks to see your collection and he sees 25,000 1988 Topps cards and offers you $10,000 for the cards do you take it? I would have a hard time saying no but I would feel real guilty.

If I did say no I would be kicking myself for not taking the $$ when it was thrown at me.

Don't know. Its a tough one. Then again, a card is only worth someone is willing to pay for it and if someone wants to pay $150 who are we to say not to let them....
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
  • kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Paying $200 for something that is only worth a quarter is not getting burned/ripped off?? >>

Absolutely not. It's all about supply and demand. If I go buy an X-Box for $600 right when it comes out, does that mean I got burned when they are selling for $400 in a year? Everything is worth what someone is willing to pay. The other day I went and bought Baseketball on DVD for $3. I don't feel bad for the guy that bought it 5 years ago for $15.

As far as anyone being taken advantage of, all one would have to do is search Ebay and see the number of these things available and it is blatantly obvious that it is not a rare find. If you don't want to take the time to learn that for $200+, you could get boxes of the stuff and possible multiples of the card, then that's on you.
    Travis
    LOL yep it was to Volver.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Wow
    One auction hammered down 5 minutes ago at 370.00!
    Time to get out those Aurelio Rodriguez/batboy cards and make some REAL big bucks..........
    LOL the more I think of it, I have come to the conclusion that caveat emptor applies here. I just did the Jeter/bush search and found almost 200 items. many were .99 starts and are now over 100.00.
    many were not hyped either. The sheep are out in full force on this one.

I have to conclude then that many a buyer need help.

I just want no part of it, my name is more important to me then a few dollars.

Steve
    Good for you.

• << <i>Beef you have no problem selling a common card for more then 100.00?

Steve

edited to add: what statistical analyisis do you have to prove your claim that it is the :

Hottest card on ebay?

also 149.99??? sigh >>

No, I don't have a problem w/ it. It's supply and demand. This is not a common card. The market is driving this price, not me. No one has to pay that price. Welcome to America. I'm sorry if that offends you.

As for the hottest card on eBay, do a search. If you can find a hotter card, I will cahnge my auction.
    Beef what offended me was you SPAMMING your auction here.

Btw who are you?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • I have removed my auction link. I don't think anyone here is going to buy this card. It was not put here in an attempt to SPAM. If that offended you or anyone else I apologize.

I doubt you will beleive it, but this is not an alt.

No problem Beef.

What I have a problem with is many of the people buying this card for moon money are not hobbyists per say, they read about this
    crap in the paper and think they are getting something valuable. Then when the dust settles they find that what they have is crap and lose any interest in the hobby that they may have gotten in the first place.

However, the card could turn out to be a variation and then Id have put my foot in my mouth here.

Sorry that I took my rant out on you.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • For the record: This IS a common card. Every Jeter card in the set looks like this, so it is worth no more than a Torii Hunter or Robinson Cano common.....
  • some guy just put about 100 of these up for sale, 1 day auction...most have bids above $20 already....

this is insane...

Topps marketing is genius...each year they do something like this on purpose for a spring time BUzz...and FREE ADVERTISING.....

Topps prez must ask "how can we generate buzz and get everyone excited over plain topps, WITHOUT SPENDING 1$ on Advertising?"..

Answer imagephotoshop the card like a 13 year old punk!