Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I am big time POed at NGC. -- UPDATED

Remember this thread? I received the coins today and NONE of the Maundy Sets are in the multi-coin holder. Not a one. I am really, really pissed off about this. I tried to call NGC but couldn't get through to them.

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    NGC Response - just tape 'em together!
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without the multi-coin holder I feel I wasted a lot of money. I would have never had the slabbed if I would have known they were going to be returned in individual slabs.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    I'd feel the same way.

I bet they straighten it out for you, though.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I would be P.O.'ed, too. I hope NGC customer service straightens it out for you.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Mistakes such as these are rectified with full refunds by REAL corporations. NGC, or any TPG in this instance, should pay full insured postage both ways, and re-slab at NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU.

This is why MacGrade™ would rule the WORLD.......but I don't have the start-up funds. image DONATIONS, ANYONE. imageimage
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    If you wrote on the form in HUGE LETTERS to multiholder them, call CS and I'm sure they will fix it.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options

<< <i>If you wrote on the form in HUGE LETTERS to multiholder them, call CS and I'm sure they will fix it. >>

I didn't write it in HUGH LETTERS, I assumed the people at NGC could read normal type.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to read about this. I would send them back and make my views known that what has transpired is completely unacceptableimage

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    My advice is to go to the NGC forum and post an 'Ask Question to Moderator'

The Moderator answered me in a Private Message.

I did the same when I would a coin returned unslabbed as INELIGIBLE TYPE and subsequently found the same coin (Pattern) listed on eBay.

I returned the coin to NGC last week and they are fixing the problem at no cost to me (besides shipping back)
  • Options

<< <i>My advice is to go to the NGC forum and post an 'Ask Question to Moderator' >>

I did this earlier. If I have to pay for shipping either way I will not be happy.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    I called NGC today and was told that I would have to pay the shipping to return the coins to NGC. I told them this wasn't acceptable as it was their mistake. The NGC service rep then told me they would look into it and give me a call back. A couple hours later I get a call from Mark Baughman from NGC and he said NGC will pay the shipping for returning the coins. They'll put the sets in the multi-coin holder and return them to me within a couple days of receiving them.

NGC seems to want to make it right. The only thing I will lose is the additional time it takes to get the coins back to NGC, have them reholdered, then returned to me.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a royal pain in the a$$ that you shouldn't have had to deal with in the first place.
  • Options
    I have learned my lesson. If I want the sets in the multi-coin holder, I write in BIG LETTERS multi-coin holdering on the invoice.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    In crayon...
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    Seems like acceptable customer service to me, which is one of the reasons i like NGC.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    I give them credit for doing what is necessary to make it right.
  • Options
    BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    At least they are correcting the mistake and it doesn't seem they are blaming you.

Not a perfect situation but oh well. Crap happens. I'd be a little PO'd as well!
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • Options
    well it is being fixed... that is goodimage

• Options

<< <i>The only thing I will lose is the additional time it takes to get the coins back to NGC, have them reholdered, then returned to me. >>

Then you will have to level your furniture like all the rest of us till they get back!! image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to hear that NGC is going to make it right for you image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    Received the sets today in their Maundy multi-coin holders.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    NG who?
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Received the sets today in their Maundy multi-coin holders.

Do they meet your expectations? Do they look good?image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options

<< <i>Do they meet your expectations? Do they look good? >>

Let us see them too! image
    Roy

• Options

<< <i>Received the sets today in their Maundy multi-coin holders. >>

And????image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options

My OmniCoin Collection
  • Options
    C'mon guys. You expect me to be able to image a Maundy Set in a multi-coin holder? Get real. It's me you're talking about.

I'll give it a shot this weekend.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>Then you will have to level your furniture like all the rest of us till they get back!! >>

I need to level at least one table so I can use my new toy... I got a scale to add to my bag of necessary things to help detect counterfeits...image

• Options
    Coincat, are you planning to do Specific Gravity tests, as well? That's one of the best ways to detect low-content and off-metal counterfeits and relatively easy to set-up, once you have a balance scale.
  • Options

<< <i>C'mon guys. You expect me to be able to image a Maundy Set in a multi-coin holder? Get real. It's me you're talking about. >>

Just make sure you're far enough and your camera is steady image You can do it - I believe in you!
  • Options
    GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    Ah come on...my Maundy set won't arrive for another few days...let's see some pics.
    Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.
  • Options

<< <i>C'mon guys. You expect me to be able to image a Maundy Set in a multi-coin holder? Get real. It's me you're talking about.

I'll give it a shot this weekend. >>

Get a little confidence, man ... You can do it !!! image

My OmniCoin Collection
  • Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    I got my 1792 France ESSAI piece back from NGC. It was originally labeled INELEGIBLE Type. After finding the same Pattern on eBay, I posted a minor complaint on the NGC Moderator forum, sent it back, and it was finally Holdered (at no cost beyond the original submission fee). Of Course, the grade was Hammered,, but hey. It's in a Holder.