Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

California sets Morgan & Peace Disapeared?

Is there going to be a huge auction of his collections?

Dan

Never mind just saw Sunnywoods post

Comments

• DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    " Is there going to be a huge auction of his collections?"

Not until he dies – and so far he's doing just fine! image
    When in doubt, don't.
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know why the sets were deleted? He did not even keep them in the all time list.
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone know why the sets were deleted? He did not even keep them in the all time list. >>

One possibility: If the coins were regraded recently but not reentered into his sets, they would not have carried over in the new Registry.
  • They did carry over to the new version. My guess, and it is just a guess; Now that we can keep an inventory of our coins, without having to let the world see, he probably chose to do that. With one click he can reinstate his sets on the registry, without the painstaking task of entering each item. I am willing to bet he will raise his submarines before the June 30 deadline, collect his well deserved awards, then submerge again untill the following year. I doubt he feels any need for the world to see he is top dog the rest of the year. He has already been there, done that.
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am willing to bet he will raise his submarines before the June 30 deadline, collect his well deserved awards, then submerge again untill the following year.

Sorry, but I disagree that any awards would be 'well deserved' in this case.

I totally understand the concept of keeping one's sets hidden while working on them. I totally understand using the Registry simply as a means of tracking one's sets. But to use the Registry just to get awards and not sharing one's sets with the collecting community in return is not deserving of praise at all.

• << <i>I am willing to bet he will raise his submarines before the June 30 deadline, collect his well deserved awards, then submerge again untill the following year.

Sorry, but I disagree that any awards would be 'well deserved' in this case. >>

Your point is well taken, I did not really think about it. There does seem to be something wrong about that, but on the other hand...a prize fighter can defend his title only once a year and no one complains. An Olympic medalist only has to show up once every four years...etc etc. OF COURSE WE MUST REMEMBER, WE DO NOT REALLY KNOW WHAT LLOYD PLANS TO DO. I AM JUST PLAYING ARMCHAIR QUATERBACK HERE.